Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New To The CZ Game

TonyMartin

Hello all! I recently picked up this CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical Decocker. I'm switching over to this as my new Carry Optics build from an M&P9 Pro C.O.R.E. The 75 has a gunsmith-fit bushing and barrel from CZC and will have all Cajun internals, trigger, hammer, etc when buttoned up. It will also be outfitted with a Vortex Razor in 6MOA, LOK Bogie grips, and have the lower Cerakoted Burnt Bronze. I ordered (and already have) magazines with Taran Tactical 140mm extensions and Black Scorpion mag carriers and holster on their aluminum hanger. I'm very excited for what I believe will be a major step up in my shooting game. The gun should be finished up this weekend or sometime next week! I will post more pictures when it's done.

IMG_20191022_073909_263_7776.thumb.jpg.4277778308b22286ccb8cb0e0b9da3e1.jpg

Edited by TonyMartin

Congrats!  And welcome to the party.  Love my CZs.

TIP: I started CO with a Phantom, and had to learn not to rest my strong side thumb too heavily on the decocker, as it would prevent the hammer from striking the firing pin.  Tough to relearn as I shot 1911/SS for years prior.  You might want to check your model and see if it does the same thing.  You may have to reprogram your grip.  Have fun, and enjoy. 

On 11/8/2019 at 6:44 AM, GregJ said:

Congrats!  And welcome to the party.  Love my CZs.

TIP: I started CO with a Phantom, and had to learn not to rest my strong side thumb too heavily on the decocker, as it would prevent the hammer from striking the firing pin.  Tough to relearn as I shot 1911/SS for years prior.  You might want to check your model and see if it does the same thing.  You may have to reprogram your grip.  Have fun, and enjoy. 

The way I grip the gun, my strong side thumb is under the stud of the decocker. I THINK it will be ok, but I haven't got to run the gun much yet.

On 11/10/2019 at 10:16 PM, TonyMartin said:

For sure! I'm already looking at 75 Compacts 😂

And the more you look, the more reasons to get it! And then you stumble across CZ Customs and CGW with all the sexy things they do. Before you know it, you have five and refuse to part with any of them. I may or may not be speaking from experience...

• 1 month later...

IMG_20191202_023419_591_4602.thumb.jpg.b80a417f7e4111bebed64ebd5ca32c0d.jpgHere is the final product! I've been playing with it for a few weeks now and have even shot (and won) a few matches with it already. Totally in love with this gun and so glad I upgraded to this! VID Custom Firearms knocked this one out of the park!

Edited by TonyMartin

• 2 weeks later...