Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

4 hours ago, sandflea316 said:

Not sure how much I can say, but there is one coming down the pipe.

I been testing one out.  

Question for those that are interested:

Will you be interested if it disable the slide lock?  Personally for me i don't use the slide lock at all on my 2011 or CZ czechmate/tso(i have always removed the slide release  and used the pins).  The way i look at it is it's a race gun playing gun games where i don't shoot to empty anyways

Second question:  are you willing to fit the thumbrest and be willing to file down the thumb rest to have gun be able activate the slide lock?

Most aftermarket ones disable the slide lock feature so that’s no biggie. I would prefer a drop in and I think most would agree but I could be wrong. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'm not the maker; just someone doing some beta testing. 

It would be easy to make it drop in or very minimal filing to fit.

Problem is the design of the factory slide stop isn't great to begin with.  

It rotates forward.  Just take the oem one and insert it in the frame and rotate counterclockwise. 

I spoken to the maker and I told him that I'd prefer a thumbrest that doesn't inadvertently lock the slide back if too much forward pressure is applied while shooting if even it mean losing the ability to manually lock then slide or on empty mag.

36 minutes ago, sandflea316 said:

While I'm not the maker; just someone doing some beta testing. 

It would be easy to make it drop in or very minimal filing to fit.

Problem is the design of the factory slide stop isn't great to begin with.  

It rotates forward.  Just take the oem one and insert it in the frame and rotate counterclockwise. 

I spoken to the maker and I told him that I'd prefer a thumbrest that doesn't inadvertently lock the slide back if too much forward pressure is applied while shooting if even it mean losing the ability to manually lock then slide or on empty mag.

I got the same email request to be a tester. Too much risk for me and the cost seemed steep to have to do some much work on my end as I am no gunsmith. I think he will get it right and that’s a big thanks to people like you for helping him :) 

Posted (edited)

Update on those of us who have had the ejector being bent up by over inserting the magazine during reloads

I have the TSO mag well on my DWX guns for reference. I have one with a Toni Systems magwell, no difference in below data.

With stock DWX pads or P10F/P09 mag base plates, you cannot over insert enough to hit ejector.

With Springer Precision +3 you can easily over insert and hit ejector,

With Henning +3 you can easily over insert and hit ejector.

Did not try the TF.

The CZ customs are shaped different at the top part, not tapered like SP or Henning and do not allow you to over insert.

The Hennings I will use for starter mags, then reload with the CZC units during a stage.

Link to photo, in photo base pads are left to right:

Springer Precision

Henning

CZ Customs

https://photos.app.goo.gl/C6EgfUoCtRwbuheX8

Edited by Kmargetta
added link to pic

like I said before.....with DWX alum bases you will have zero issues....my pistol has over 20k rounds with a lot of competition reloads (slam mag in at slidelock or with closed slide) and no issues at all.....it seems to be the oversize mag bases that cause the issues...

4 hours ago, Kmargetta said:

Update on those of us who have had the ejector being bent up by over inserting the magazine during reloads

I have the TSO mag well on my DWX guns for reference. I have one with a Toni Systems magwell, no difference in below data.

With stock DWX pads or P10F/P09 mag base plates, you cannot over insert enough to hit ejector.

With Springer Precision +3 you can easily over insert and hit ejector,

With Henning +3 you can easily over insert and hit ejector.

Did not try the TF.

The CZ customs are shaped different at the top part, not tapered like SP or Henning and do not allow you to over insert.

The Hennings I will use for starter mags, then reload with the CZC units during a stage.

Link to photo, in photo base pads are left to right:

Springer Precision

Henning

CZ Customs

https://photos.app.goo.gl/C6EgfUoCtRwbuheX8

What basepad specifically from CZC?

2 hours ago, pumpedTSI said:

like I said before.....with DWX alum bases you will have zero issues....my pistol has over 20k rounds with a lot of competition reloads (slam mag in at slidelock or with closed slide) and no issues at all.....it seems to be the oversize mag bases that cause the issues...

Yea but for competition you wanna run bigger Mags if you can, like 23-24 rounds if doable for shorter stages

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2024 at 12:44 AM, sandflea316 said:

Not sure how much I can say, but there is one coming down the pipe.

I been testing one out.  

Question for those that are interested:

Will you be interested if it disable the slide lock?  Personally for me i don't use the slide lock at all on my 2011 or CZ czechmate/tso(i have always removed the slide release  and used the pins).  The way i look at it is it's a race gun playing gun games where i don't shoot to empty anyways

Second question:  are you willing to fit the thumbrest and be willing to file down the thumb rest to have gun be able activate the slide lock?

I have one that does lock back on my Shadow 2 and one that does not on my 2011.  It doesn't bother me either way.  For the Shadow 2 I find I am either on the thumb rest so hard that it doesn't lock back any ways, or I am using one of the mags with the grams followers and lock back is not possible.  As you said these are guns for gaming and rarely do I shoot until empty.  The only time where I have found it would be nice to be able to lock it back is when I have an RO that wants to see the empty chamber closer to him/her and I have to hold the gun up around eye level and doing it with 2 hands is not as easy.  But those are instances are rare and I would rather it drop in and be easy to install/remove.  Thanks