Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nice guns dont make better shooters

rock751

10 hours ago, GunBugBit said:

Just shoot well enough with your expensive gun to avoid the “nice gun, consider learning how to shoot it” comments.

I've seen guys shoot atlas guns and were slow as molasses. To the point where some side comments were made such as "If youre gonna have such a nice gun, atleast know how to use it." Now its easy to judge, as I'm sure a majority of us technically dont live up to our gun's potential even if its a Glock. I suppose there is a certain level of proficiency when it comes to guns of that "league". I also know of a guy who made GM with his raggity but trusty old glock.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Plenty of people made GM with a glock or various other polymer pistol. For me, when I'd been doing it for a long time and getting close to being burned out, switching platforms was just the injection of new excitement I needed. That was about 9 years ago and I went from low M with a Glock to GM in a few divisions pretty quickly. 

It wasn't because the gun was 20% better. It was because I spent more time with it and enjoyed practicing with it.

9 hours ago, engineerjet said:

I've seen guys shoot atlas guns and were slow as molasses. To the point where some side comments were made such as "If youre gonna have such a nice gun, atleast know how to use it." Now its easy to judge, as I'm sure a majority of us technically dont live up to our gun's potential even if its a Glock. I suppose there is a certain level of proficiency when it comes to guns of that "league". I also know of a guy who made GM with his raggity but trusty old glock.

I'd bet more people have made GM with a Glock than anything else.

I mean s#!t, look at Limited winner, rocking P320 platform. Its definitely not the gun, but the person behind the gun and how comfortable you are with your gun, and the time behind it

At some point, im sure the gun will play a small portion, but overall, its skill

• 2 months later...

There are certainly talented and skilled shooters using cheaper polymer guns to win matches but it's always funny when people try to claim that a very nice race gun doesn't make it easier to go fast. So many people will go "Freddy Hothands won section 11 with a hi-point" and it's like yeah but freddy hothands is a GM with GM skills, most people are middling to fair shooters and a more forgiving platform can smooth out some rough spots due to sloppiness in grip/trigger pull or whatever.

• 1 month later...

I buy nice guns cause I can afford them and like the way they look, feel or shoot.

Most of the "that guy has a nice gun but can't shoot for crap" are suffering a bit of envy.

1. Do you think the XXX Pro...Nationals champ really didn't tweak out his GLOCK internals,

tweaked his trigger to his exact specs, sights to what he wanted, ect?

2. Do you think that XXX Champion could smoke us all with a derringer? Prolly so. But I can bout guarantee you, that pro has some really nice guns in his vault that he shoots with as well and if he is honest, would have to say...

"Yeah, my ATLAS shoots alot better than my GLOCK 34"