Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mag's witch one

MRBerg

I relentlessly tried to get STI Gen 2 (170's) mags to work in my open gun with no luck and a whole lot of aggravating matches. I finally broke down and bought a new MBX 170 and all my feeding problems went away.

I have buddies that use the STI's (I think gen 2) and have no issues at all.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I bought a couple of used STI Gen 2 mags.  I bought the Dawson mag tuning kit.  All of them have Grams internals, and I can only get one of them to feed somewhat reliably.  They are all now in spec, but for whatever reason, they continue to nosedive.  I even borrowed a friend's mags and swapped internals and different combos of internals to no avail...still nosediving.  Needless to say they are relegated to dry fire duty.  They fit and drop fine, just don't feed reliably.  The three MBX mags I have were good to go out of the box and they're my match mags.

I have all gen 2 mags with grams spring kits and Taran bases.  Work 100% straight out of package zero “tuning”....I was able to go down in recoil spring weight by 2 pounds with the new mags over the old gen 1’s.......I love mine.  Had two mbx mags and sold them....the springs went soft in no time and I never trusted them .....I get 29 in my gen 2 170’s with no effort and they costs considerably less than a mbx.....