Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czechmate Slideracker keeps coming out during matches

Laxman2809

10 hours ago, aandabooks said:

I used a ball endmill to put a detent hole in my slide.  I then sank the original set screw down into the detent until tight.  I added another set screw on to to lock them together.

i also milled the dovetail, i like the double set screw idea, 

37 minutes ago, George16 said:

Or a shooters connection sidewinder which is basically identical to the EGW but only costs $24.99 for the polished/finished version or $19.99 for the unfinished version.

Thinking I'm going to do this. However I need to wait until the ShootersConnections Finished is INSTOCK again. Its my understanding that the unfinished slide racker is missing the set screws.

5 hours ago, Laxman2809 said:

Thinking I'm going to do this. However I need to wait until the ShootersConnections Finished is INSTOCK again. Its my understanding that the unfinished slide racker is missing the set screws.

Mine wasn't missing anything.  I'm using one in a CM now, and love it.  Way better than stock.

3 hours ago, clw42 said:

Mine wasn't missing anything.  I'm using one in a CM now, and love it.  Way better than stock.

Thanks for the response, maybe I will go with the unfinished one if it does have the setscrew. Let me ask you this, does it allow you to mount the racker to the left hand side.

2 minutes ago, Laxman2809 said:

Thanks for the response, maybe I will go with the unfinished one if it does have the setscrew. Let me ask you this, does it allow you to mount the racker to the left hand side.

Yup, that's why I got it.  You still have to remove it to take the slide off, but I've never lock tited the set screw or anything and it's never been a problem.

1 hour ago, Laxman2809 said:

Yes it does have the set screw and you can mount it in the left side. You can buy the unfinished one and then polish it so it’ll look nice.

Heres mine mounted on my TSO.

056-ADB52-6-D0-E-4-A66-A2-E4-511-C7740-D

0-B83-A234-FAD1-42-B5-9-A35-F0-DBD824-A4

Edited by George16

On 9/10/2019 at 5:38 PM, aandabooks said:

I used a ball endmill to put a detent hole in my slide.  I then sank the original set screw down into the detent until tight.  I added another set screw on to to lock them together.

That is sort of what I did and it works flawlessly! I also have the sidewinder and it got loose every match even with blue locktite. I drilled a detent in the center of the slide cut and had the screw sit in that. The problem is fixed, it has not fallen out since.

2 hours ago, muncie21 said:

@George- are you shooting your TSO in Open Division, or is that just a range toy?

It’s just a range toy. I shoot PCC and just started shooting carry optics after getting the tungsten grip module for my X5.

Edited by George16

16 minutes ago, xjwalt666 said:

Awesome. Thanks. Going to order one for my dad.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I messaged shooters connection on FB, and they will be getting more of their slide rackers in stock within this month or next. Or you pay a little bit more to EGW to get it sooner.

I messaged shooters connection on FB, and they will be getting more of their slide rackers in stock within this month or next. Or you pay a little bit more to EGW to get it sooner.
Thanks. I dont feel like messing with the unfinished one. Would be easy enough to drill and tap at work but might just order the egw and be done with it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk