Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do you unload and show clear?

jbultman

On 9/30/2023 at 9:01 AM, PA_USPSA said:

I put a black dot on each of my primers with a Sharpie so I know the round I pick up is mine.

I used to do this. I used a red water-based marker and marked the width of the rear of the case with a line. However I noticed that there was always some red ink left on my breechface even after cleaning my gun. I have stopped doing this however I understand that others may want to do it and it works for them. DAA even has some sort of machine to actually mark the cases.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Bullet flip slide rack because I have eye-hand coordination and it confirms that the round is out of the gun to me, slide to the rear for the RO to see, hammer down downrange, gun go in holster

• 2 weeks later...

I flip and catch but am conscious that if I miss the catch I'm not going after it. I can pick it up later and don't want to sweep myself or appear to sweep myself by reaching.

The madness has struck. I'm going to shoot a Match in a different Division:

Press the release, open the cylinder with my left hand, dump contents into my right hand, pocket the contents, and grip the gun with my right hand again. Keep the cylinder open until RO gives more commands.