AO1 LD Review

jripper

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For those that are wondering, the A01-LD can use an SP-01 low profile slide stop. Mec-Gar 17 rd mags with Springer base pads seem to work very well. The gun does, with those mags, fit the production box (it's tight but it does). P-09 mags work as well as that's what comes with the gun. With an empty 17 rd Mec-Gar and a Springer base pad, the gun weights 51.4 oz. It feels very much like an SP-01 on steroids. It's a noticeable difference to a Shadow 2 and it definite feels heavier up front with the bull barrel. The fit and finish is standard CZ Custom excellent.

On 8/17/2019 at 4:29 PM, bigdave24 said:

That’s very nice.  Who did the slide milling?

A local master machinist/gun builder did it for me.

20 hours ago, eerw said:

Nice . Looks like milled for the factory optic plate 

Yes, decided to go with the factory mounting plate system as the factory plates are the most readily available ones up here in Canada. 

On 8/21/2019 at 2:40 AM, Jason Krywicki said:

Stuart, do you know if vz is going to do a diamondback version of grips for the A01 series ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t.

VZ and LOK both have the pattern for the A01

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At my last match, my match loads chrono’ed at 140 power factor out of my A01LD.  This load (3.3 grs of Prima V with 147 gr Campros at 1.10”) normally chrono’s at 132 out of my S2.

The A01LD barrel is fast!

Going to work on a lower PF load but may also try some 124 gr loads as this gun really soaks up the recoil. 

Any more footage of it in action coming up anywhere? There's very little out there and i'd like to see some more before I might buy one.

Also, Stu, any idea how close we are to getting it USPSA Production approved? Hit the 2000 mark, etc?

Thanks, I'm looking forward to getting one.

8 hours ago, eerw said:

Surprisingly not as bad as you would think.    

Saw that picture of the Acro. It's simply amazing how low you guys got that thing in the slide. Beautiful work! 

I'm assuming since you cut a slide for the Acro, a milled slide for the SRO is also a possibility? 

1 hour ago, lfine said:

Any more footage of it in action coming up anywhere? There's very little out there and i'd like to see some more before I might buy one.

Also, Stu, any idea how close we are to getting it USPSA Production approved? Hit the 2000 mark, etc?

Thanks, I'm looking forward to getting one.

I havent checked numbers in awhile. See what I can find out.

46.5 oz for the Shadow 2 and 51.2 for the A01-LD, is that correct?  

The A01 looks like it would weigh more than that in comparison but am i right in assuming weight is gone from the grip are and rear of gun and more is in the slide/dustcover area?

Hope to see an S2/AO1 side by side comparison soon.  

• 3 weeks later...

Be nice to know If we’re on the way to it being approved for Production for next year.

If we are I’m buying it today.

Live my S2 but this looks incredible. But I’d hate to go $2k in it vs another that will be or is approved for next year.