Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AO1 LD Review

jripper

On 4/20/2020 at 10:50 PM, Jtufo13 said:

What is the part number for the mags. It is just standard 19rd p-09 mags 

I can’t find mags anywhere what will work without have yo modify the gun.  I need more than 2 mags.  Any help is appreciated 

Appears from what I’ve read above you can run the 75 mags with shimming the grips or useing these.  https://czcustom.com/a01-grips-for-cz75-mag-black.html.  I think maybe most of the modifications were for the S2 mag release. I could be wrong though, and I don’t want to re read the whole thread again. ); Oh, and 75 mags are plentiful and reasonable priced, and Metgar makes a good and slick 75 mag too.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The A01 mags are the same tube as the P10F. The tube sticks out of the grip a little more on the A01. The aluminum A01 basepad come further up on the mag filling the gap. The gap doesn’t bother me one bit. I also like the way the P10F base pad doesn’t stick out as far forward as the A01 basepad. I’m setting this rig up to shoot CO at Back 2 Back nationals. The springer P10F/P09 140mm basepads work great and feel more like my limited magazines.

6110a7972cbc3ed36360f6feba394b24.jpg
ab0a845be648e427f9f36756bcbb7b23.jpg
0d2c8b29235d48ae6b7af89a7e7db97b.jpg
d9f6832253f453983e09fa07a6db76f1.jpg
7ab550d19f08e19557e49e59724f52ed.jpg
76c9acaf2434ba5b7b0948f982a1f3b2.jpg
28dc3c3402d9e8d2b1250c85905ecd7e.jpg
1167971de4fb29620b6b753173304bbf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I have a A01 LD coming this week. What are most of you doing for mags? Ordering them with the baseplates from CZC, just going with regular 09 mags, or switching the grips for the grip panels and 75 mags? I currently have ZERO CZ mags so it really doesn't matter to me which way I go. Just wondering if there was a preferred way. Thanks

Is there a disadvantage to using the 75 mags with the grips that make them work? The obvious standout is you cannot easily swap grips until manufacturers start making similar designs. 

• 1 month later...

I just purchased 2 A01-LDs that I am going to run in CO.

Love all about the pistol....except for the hammer pin retaining pin.  Seems theoretically you tip the frame upside down and it falls out......mine doesnt.....even after gentle, semi gentle..not so gentle, firm, very firm, hate this gun hits on a wood block to get it to pop out.

I had it out but when new as it came out with a couple taps but now I am trying to figure out how to get it out......

1 hour ago, RGC said:

I just purchased 2 A01-LDs that I am going to run in CO.

Love all about the pistol....except for the hammer pin retaining pin.  Seems theoretically you tip the frame upside down and it falls out......mine doesnt.....even after gentle, semi gentle..not so gentle, firm, very firm, hate this gun hits on a wood block to get it to pop out.

I had it out but when new as it came out with a couple taps but now I am trying to figure out how to get it out......

I’ve got 2 A01LDs for CO as well and agree that the hammer retaining pin is a bugger. Once it gets coated in oil, it develops a bit of stuction and won’t drop out easily. 

A solid wood block clamped in a vise and many rapid, light taps on the frame is how I got mine out - almost like I vibrated it out. 

Taking out the mag catch on the A01LD for the first time was a real learning experience for me too - this was before CZC put out the video on how to do it.

7 hours ago, Hooked said:

I’ve got 2 A01LDs for CO as well and agree that the hammer retaining pin is a bugger. Once it gets coated in oil, it develops a bit of stuction and won’t drop out easily. 

A solid wood block clamped in a vise and many rapid, light taps on the frame is how I got mine out - almost like I vibrated it out. 

Taking out the mag catch on the A01LD for the first time was a real learning experience for me too - this was before CZC put out the video on how to do it.

I did exactly that.  Knocking against a piece of 2x4.  Its not budging and I am cutting up the 2x4.  Frustrating as there is no other way to remove this pin.

18 hours ago, RGC said:

I did exactly that.  Knocking against a piece of 2x4.  Its not budging and I am cutting up the 2x4.  Frustrating as there is no other way to remove this pin.

I used a block of oak to maximize the energy transfer and minimize any rebounding that may cause the pin to get set back.  Is there much oil/grease around the pin?  If so, maybe hit it with a torch to dry it out a bit and once it cools, try tapping it out again. 

So problem resolved.

The hammer pin was either a little out of spec or had a burr, etc.  It would not "spin"/turn.  So the retaining pin almost was wedged in.  I used brass tools to move the hammer pin around (smacking again) trying to find a position where the retaining pin would drop.  Took 20 minutes but ended up getting the situation resolved.  

Sanded down hammer pin, and now all is well......

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, jpeters11 said:

It does not, but I’m sure you could find a machinist that could mill one flat for you. 

ah that's a huge negative for me.  im so bought into the CZ platform I have spare parts etc.  im sorry CZC didn't just make the same dimensions as stock CZ for parts swapping 

So I just purchased an A01-LD optic ready. I haven’t received it yet, but was wondering if they come with a plate that’ll fit a Deltapoint pro?  I’ve looked and can’t find out much info still. 

thanks!

You get your choice of plates. I ordered with an SRO plate and was surprised when it didn’t come with a rear sight. It was expensive when I priced the rear sight plate separately.

If I were ordering one again I would buy the gun with a rear sight plate on it and order the plate for the optic separately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/10/2022 at 1:27 PM, Bdh821 said:

Is there any info, I search and can’t find, on how to get 23rds in a P10 magazine?!  I feel less than 23rds in a CO gun isn’t gonna be competitive. Especially on 21-01 classifier. 

I was never able to do it with several different tries and various parts

On 2/10/2022 at 12:27 PM, Bdh821 said:

Is there any info, I search and can’t find, on how to get 23rds in a P10 magazine?!  I feel less than 23rds in a CO gun isn’t gonna be competitive. Especially on 21-01 classifier. 

I get 23 reloadable with P10f mags, henning base pads, amd grams guts. Supposedly henning says to just trim the stock follower but I never got it to work. 

As for 21-01 classifier... yeah I did it without a reload but miked the last target cuz I made up a Charlie on the second to last target.