RickT

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Hammer002 said:

I actually agree with the whole first paragraph, its just simply not a reason to get rid of it.  If you read the thread, I have said I would vote to get rid of it.  And I did see your daughter's scores, pretty sure she beat you with the RFPO.  Means somebody is teaching her well.

She pretty much always beats me.  That 0.12 she beat me by in pcc isn't even the closest.  She is usually much better than she shot yesterday.  She was ladies state champ the first time CMP held that match RFRO and rfpo.  I wish I could take the credit.

6 minutes ago, Andyk said:

She pretty much always beats me.  That 0.12 she beat me by in pcc isn't even the closest.  She is usually much better than she shot yesterday.  She was ladies state champ the first time CMP held that match RFRO and rfpo.  I wish I could take the credit.

very cool

The AL state match was my first level 2 match, I think my 7th match in total(5th in pcco). I was pleased to find that I could sign up to start on the stage of my choosing. O.L. was my second stage, so fatigue wasn't a problem for me. Mental errors were.

Edited by EarlKeese

17 hours ago, motosapiens said:

not judging anyone, but if i had my foot in a cast or boot and I could actually walk at all, no way would I take the 4 second penalty. You don't have to move fast to cover 6 feet quickly, you just have to start soon.

I was squadded with a guy who had his foot in a boot and decided to move instead of take the penalty.  He set his personal best on OL that day.  

Just now, nso123 said:

I was squadded with a guy who had his foot in a boot and decided to move instead of take the penalty.  He set his personal best on OL that day.  

Interesting, but not terribly surprising. I had one of my best uspsa matches last year when I was hobbling around with a broken toe, wearing a pair of shoes 1 size too big that I got in a 2nd hand store in sun valley (where i broke it, dirtbiking). Instead of trying to move fast, I just tried to move sooner, and shoot sooner, and shoot while moving.

Just now, motosapiens said:

Interesting, but not terribly surprising. I had one of my best uspsa matches last year when I was hobbling around with a broken toe, wearing a pair of shoes 1 size too big that I got in a 2nd hand store in sun valley (where i broke it, dirtbiking). Instead of trying to move fast, I just tried to move sooner, and shoot sooner, and shoot while moving.

I think that is probably what happened with him.  He was most likely more cognizant of his movement with the boat anchor on his leg.