Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Race Holster Suggestions

jrn1975

The binding is taking place at the top of the Racemaster where it rides in the curvature of the frame. The STI frame has some gap in that area but the PT does not. I relieved the top of the holster and it totally cured the binding. 

I bought one of the new Racer X s recently, I’ve never liked a race holster until this one.  I’m too cheap to buy an Alpha X but needed something to accommodate open and limited, and figured I’d give it a go.  It’s phenomenal. 

Ok my Everglades MRH arrived. Holy cow!! This thing is the ticket for a PT EVO grip. Draw is like there is no holster   Just like pulling the gun through the air. This is the only experience I have but someone else said it works great with  CK steel grip. 

Caution...it is not for CZ’s. Everglades says that and they are not kidding. I put my Shadow 2 in it and I promise it’s a free ticket to Dairy Queen and even if that doesn’t happen it’s a disaster. 

Very nice holster that works great with a 2011 PT EVO grip

I just bought the Everglades holster and this post pretty much sums it up for me as well! I have owned them all and this is by far the best 2011 race holster I've tried.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

On 7/11/2019 at 11:25 AM, mwc said:

I just bought the Everglades holster and this post pretty much sums it up for me as well! I have owned them all and this is by far the best 2011 race holster I've tried.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Same here. I got one for a 2011 - with the PT grip. Such a smooth draw.

I am seriously interested in the MRH, but I have one concern. I see that it is supposed to work with basically all 2011 grips, whether they be CK, PT, SV,  polymer, and whatever. How does it work with all? I have multiple guns for different purposes and switch from polymer to CK. I would love to have one great holster for both rather than two top tier holsters that don't make me excited. I am darn close to ordering one anyway, but just need a little reassurance I can sell a couple holsters I am not 100% happy with.

8 minutes ago, limitedgun said:

I am seriously interested in the MRH, but I have one concern. I see that it is supposed to work with basically all 2011 grips, whether they be CK, PT, SV,  polymer, and whatever. How does it work with all? I have multiple guns for different purposes and switch from polymer to CK. I would love to have one great holster for both rather than two top tier holsters that don't make me excited. I am darn close to ordering one anyway, but just need a little reassurance I can sell a couple holsters I am not 100% happy with.

I can say that I've used mine with a stock polymer STI grip and with a PT EVO grip. Unless there's some extreme difference between those and the CK grip (not sure what they use), you should be fine.

I emailed Everglades and voiced my concern. Steve was quick to reply and was quite helpful. I ordered it Tuesday and received it today. What a fantastic piece of art. I am currently working on adjustments and will comment a bit more later.

18 hours ago, The Donald said:

How does the Everglades work for a 2011 Edge with the STI plastic grip?

Works great. My current limited gun has a metal grip. But the previous one was plastic. In terms of draw/release, I couldn't tell a difference. Both come out of the holster quite smoothly.