Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Police Begin Seizing Guns Of Civilians

The *first* thing that the Mayor of Los Angeles did, even before the Rodney King riots hit their full stride, was suspend the sale of all firearms and ammunition in the city. Doesn't matter if you were a law-abiding citizen. Doesn't matter that there was already a 15-day wait for handguns. "we just can't afford for ordinary people to have guns until we get all this sorted out".

I remember that. I drove into and through LA the day after the riots. Came down the Grapevine behind an Army convoy of Humvee's and went on into central LA to pick up some rental video gear with a hot SIG P226 in my lap and 3 spare mags in my pockets as I came off the freeway ;-)

Saw a lot of folks standing around on street corners in groups, lotsa trashcan fires, but not one single LEO in two hours while doing my biz in LA that day.

--

Regards,

It raises the question: When they open New Orleans for people to go back in for a day to inspect damages, which one do I bring for protection when we take my Mom and sister back to their house to pick up a few things? When they left, they did not bring much. Their house did not flood, although a neighbor's house was looted.

I'm thinking ... buy a cheap throw-away so when they say "Do you have any guns?" at the demarcation point, I do not have to lie and say "No". If they want to confiscate, give it to them, just keep the real weapons out of sight. Hell of a world. But then, New Orleans is like a different country.

Lee

The *first* thing that the Mayor of Los Angeles did, even before the Rodney King riots hit their full stride, was suspend the sale of all firearms and ammunition in the city. Doesn't matter if you were a law-abiding citizen. Doesn't matter that there was already a 15-day wait for handguns. "we just can't afford for ordinary people to have guns until we get all this sorted out".

Yeah....good point. I guess I better get a few thousand more rounds of .308 on hand just incase the Mayor Almighty suspends my buyin' priveledges. ;)

Nagin ain't much of one for using his noggin, is he? :lol:

I was talking with a friend who finaly sat down after evacuating his friends/family of about 20 out from New Orleans. He said something very, lack of better words, interesting.

After the flood, all the drug addicts get stuck without his/her dealer and went mad-max.

:unsure:

Well, one of my SO's friends is a NOPD officer. Regardless of what the mayor may have said, he was told that they were getting some R&R which included a plane ticket to wherever you needed to go to get together with your family.

Given that he had been on duty 24 hours a day for about a week, and that for the better part of that week, contact with the outside world was virtually non-existant, I can't really begrudge them some time off to look after loved ones, take a shower, and get some rest.

Now as for the police that walked off, the fraction that came back, and the mayor... well, they got something coming to them. It isn't R&R though.

Given that he had been on duty 24 hours a day for about a week, and that for the better part of that week, contact with the outside world was virtually non-existant, I can't really begrudge them some time off to look after loved ones, take a shower, and get some rest.

We have real warriors in sundry locations of the world fighting for our "safety" for months even years, that don't get a second look when they come back and you want prima donnas to get R&R in Vegas for a 24 hour shift. Give me a break!

In 19 Days, we in Florida, will be graced by the new "Jeb Bush Law", which allows us to protect ourselves from perpetrators, AND...

We can protect others from having a crime committed against them!

The use of DEADLY FORCE is allowed in both circumstances.

YEAH baby, Jeb, you da man!!!

So, it is going to be open season on criminals down here. I bet after a few of them get shot, they decide to move to a more criminal friendly location, like maybe NEW YORK and Massachusetts :D

Better talk to your Governor

But, don't you guys, not you personally, vote Democratic up there in Michigan? Might be hard to get that vote passed in detRIOT ;)

It's in the works here already so don't screw it up for us down there!!!!!! Make em all good shoots.......... RE: Detroit we are trying to give that part back to Ohio :D

Just talked to a friend of mine in the NG. He did not go to New Orleans, but knows a ton of NG that did. They all told him the same thing, that what is reported in the news is not totally correct. Confiscation of firearms has not happened on a widescale basis. Some were, some were returned, some were inspected for serial #'s (for whatever reason), and some of the criminal element had theirs taken. So take what we hear in the mainstream news with a grain of salt. They haven't gotten anything right yet in the news, and they are constantly 3 days behind.

Very interesting. On of the National Guard Generals was quoted in the news this weekend saying that the NG was not taking part in the house-to-house 'evacuations' of the NO residents who did not want to leave. He said something to the effect that it was a local NO matter and they (the NG) weren't there to force people from their homes or confiscate firearms. Some news articles say that the NG is taking part.

Though, I really like this article: "Fears of post-Katrina disorder spark gun-buying spree"