Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Apex Trigger for Walther Q5SF

johes

• 2 weeks later...

If the Q5 SF uses the same trigger return spring and striker plunger safety spring as the polymer frame Q5 I would just buy the spring kit from Sprinco. I put it in both of my Q5 polymer frame guns and it gave a great 3lb trigger in both guns.

On 5/23/2019 at 12:43 PM, echotango said:

According to Jenna, they have nothing in the works. 

Yes - I called last week and they said they may consider doing something in the future if there is demand.  So, now I’m just hoping for the Walther expert trigger to get US approval for import...

20 hours ago, uhmeebuh said:

Yes - I called last week and they said they may consider doing something in the future if there is demand.  So, now I’m just hoping for the Walther expert trigger to get US approval for import...

I think there is or will be a demand. The few people that have them already want a new trigger.

On 5/26/2019 at 9:19 PM, echotango said:

That is what I'm currently running. Had to trim the safety tab thingy and now works great. 

Nice, could you upload a picture or so to show how you get the Apex fit for the Q5sf? thanks a lot

I'm just running the springco spring kit and polished the contact points on my trigger bar and firing pin stop. It makes for a really smooth 3lb ish trigger. Plenty good for what I need but would like less take up and shorter reset. 

1 hour ago, highhope said:

Nice, could you upload a picture or so to show how you get the Apex fit for the Q5sf? thanks a lot

Sorry for the confusion.  I was replying to using the Sprinco springs on the post above mine.  

38 minutes ago, dbpfa5 said:

The factory trigger on my Q5 SF is OK and was really hoping Apex would be releasing a SF compatible trigger.  My brother's M2 w/ the Apex trigger is a huge improvement over mine.

I think we all had expected the apex trigger to fit our SFs [sad trombone]. 

Not sure why it doesn’t fit but it’s a new fun to the market so, if it sells well, I’m certain we will see some upgrades available.  

I see the Q5SF as a hot carry optics option for a lot of people without going too expensive (relatively speaking).   At least that what I’m hoping for!