Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best 22 mag loader thing? Mark IV

louu

Been searching for a little while now and can't find an actual comparison of the various speed loader machines for the Ruger 22 45 lite magazines. 

So whats yalls experiences? 

Witch one do you think is best? 

Tips and tricks to make it better? 

Any links of who has the best price for the one you prefer would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks 

Look at Volquartson and Tandomkross I think they both have the ultimate clip loader for 19-20 bucks only 3 less but wortha look.

Last time I looked was a month or so ago.

Most of the products on the Speed Beez website are cheap ripoffs of other products.  The "Mighty Mag Loader"  and the "Shaker Loader"  are a cheap copy of the McFadden Ultimate Clip Loader, it does not have the shell stop or the adjustment screw like the McFadden.  Their sleezy business practices show that not only do they copy the design, but they also try to ride McFadden's "Ultimate Clip Loader" name.  This is the first line of the Shaker Loader description: "The newly famous “Shaker Loader” is the ultimate clip loader for your 22lr magazines.

Spend the extra couple of bucks and get the McFadden, not the cheap ripoff.

Edited by Ming the Merciless

9 hours ago, jcc7x7 said:

Look at Volquartson and Tandomkross I think they both have the ultimate clip loader for 19-20 bucks only 3 less but wortha look.

Last time I looked was a month or so ago.

Thanks bud, there's a few other things I'm getting from trademarkross too

6 hours ago, Ming the Merciless said:

Most of the products on the Speed Beez website are cheap ripoffs of other products.  The "Mighty Mag Loader"  and the "Shaker Loader"  are a cheap copy of the McFadden Ultimate Clip Loader, it does not have the shell stop or the adjustment screw like the McFadden.  Their sleezy business practices show that not only do they copy the design, but they also try to ride McFadden's "Ultimate Clip Loader" name.  This is the first line of the Shaker Loader description: "The newly famous “Shaker Loader” is the ultimate clip loader for your 22lr magazines.

Spend the extra couple of bucks and get the McFadden, not the cheap ripoff.

Thanks for the heads up I had no idea. I did notice there are no adjustments on the speed beez and though that maybe it would be less stuff to mess with. 

I'm leaning towards the McFadden now. 

Yeah! you're welcome I think.

I'm on there now placing an order.

LOL spending money on something I'm not going to use until the summer with any regularity

Well, both our thumbs will be glad!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I love my McFadden loader, been using it for >10 years.  The only "trick" I use is once I dump 50 rounds of ammo into the loader, I give it a spritz of spray silicone and shake it around.  This makes the rounds fall very easily into the magazine.  Without this spritz, the wax on the .22 rounds will eventually gum up the inside of the loader and not allow the rounds to fall smoothly.  You can take it apart and clean with soap and water, but that's not needed if you use a little Silicone.  Have shown this trick to a number of .22 shooters who were frustrated with their McFadden loader periodically not dropping rounds, and they're all converts now!

I went with the McFadden one. I actually thought the ultimate clip loader was a different one and when it showed up I was a little mad at first when I seen it said ultimate clip loader on the side, then I seen it also said McFadden. It works great, just had to back the screw out a couple of turns and it's good to go. It certainly makes a box of 500 rounds dissappear really quick. 

It's kinda funny how I'm digging 22 now. When I first started this stuff I was all about 45, after about a year I gave up on 45 and started 9mm. Been shooting nothing but 9 for the last 5 plus years or so. Now I'm really enjoying the 22.

On 3/27/2019 at 10:23 PM, mvmojo said:

I love my McFadden loader, been using it for >10 years.  The only "trick" I use is once I dump 50 rounds of ammo into the loader, I give it a spritz of spray silicone and shake it around.  This makes the rounds fall very easily into the magazine.  Without this spritz, the wax on the .22 rounds will eventually gum up the inside of the loader and not allow the rounds to fall smoothly.  You can take it apart and clean with soap and water, but that's not needed if you use a little Silicone.  Have shown this trick to a number of .22 shooters who were frustrated with their McFadden loader periodically not dropping rounds, and they're all converts now!

That's a great tip, thanks

mvmojo has the right tip.  A little spray before you load up the hopper and you will have no troubles with the McFadden.  I shoot about 300 rounds each trip to the range and it's never let me down.   If you end up with an extra bullet dropping out or only get 9 adjust the Philip's Head screw on the bottom only 1/2 turn at a time and your problems will be solved.