Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2- 50 Yard Accuracy

Prange

On 2/21/2019 at 8:26 PM, Wrecks said:

To answer your question, no this 1200$ production race gun doesn't have the same precision as a 3500$ custom target pistol. What did you expect?

I never expected it to have the same accuracy as a custom gun. 

But,I've seen the piece,(by CZC,I think) on the Accushadow and it showed a 2-3/4" group at 50 yards using Fiocchi ammo. VERY impressive. I'm wondering what it would do with top-notch target ammo. 

The more accurate it is, the more room for error I have with the trigger.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, xdf3 said:

For any of you doing it freestyle, what is your best result and how much time does it take to shoot every round?

10 rounds from low ready in 8 seconds. best i have ever done is 8 alpha and 2 charlie. normally it is 5 and 5

1 hour ago, xdf3 said:

Were the shots kinda spread or grouped in any way?

circular-ish group. out to about 35 my groups are normally a more horizontal spread, that changes with distance for me.

• 1 year later...

My Shadow 2 will shoot 5/8" 5 shot groups off a rest(not a Ransom) at 25 yards.  I have tweaked it a bit.  I have a Cajun Gun Works 10x bushing installed and a single action only trigger that breaks at 2 lbs. 10 ounces.  These mods may not work for you action shooters, but I got it to see how this gun would do in Bullseye competition.  The jury is still out on that one, as this is a very heavy gun with the Ultradot HD Micro sight that is mounted on it. Keep in mind that I am required to shoot this beast with one hand only while shooting Bullseye.  We only load 5 rounds a string, so imagine the extra weight with a full 17 round mag.  I think the major contributor to this gun's accuracy is the handloads I use.  You may wish to try this combo in your guns:

Precision Delta 124 gr. hollowpoints , 4.0 grains of Titegroup loaded into Federal cases with Winchester primers.  The overall length of this cartridge is 1.145".  I have not chronographed this load, but they kick my brass out about 3 feet to the right of me in a nice little pile with the factory recoil spring.  I have never had any malfunction EVER with this pistol, and I have about 1200 rounds through it.  If I was to nitpick, I would think at this price point that the slide to frame fit would be a little tighter, but it does not seem to affect accuracy.  Maybe CZ will come out with an aluminum framed version to get the weight down a bit.  I would definitely check that rendition out.  I consider myself winning the gun buyers lotto with this pistol, as I bought it off Gunbroker NIB sight unseen.................tdan

i used a ransom rest and printed targets at 25 and at 50 meters, i tested all the 9mm projectiles that campro makes at different power factors, at 130-135 pf which is what i use in IPSC the tightest group was a tad over 3 inches at 50 meters, 

Shadow2 here. Campro 147’s, VV320, Federal small pisol primers, one inch groups at 25m from a sand bag using a Vortex Venom. The gun might even do better from a Ransom Rest. All factory parts except for my spring tuning.

• 2 weeks later...

I rarely shoot paper for practice, almost all steel.  But this weekend I had to rezero the venoms on my Cz accushadow 1 and my SP01 w/ cajun bushing with my new 147 load.  I called it good when standing offhand both put 5/5 in the head A/C from 25 yds.  The accushadow went 4As 1C and the SP01 went 3As 2Cs.  Years ago I had a Les Baer 45 w/ the 1 1/2 at 50 guarantee, that gun was magic, it was just plain hard to miss.  My CZs are good and a much better fit for the shooting I do, but they aren't magic like that gun was.  At one time I also had a David Sams Elite II Beretta, that was a good gun, but I'll take the CZs as they feel better to me.  The Elite II never impressed me as magic like the Les Baer did.

On 2/23/2019 at 7:13 AM, Prange said:

I never expected it to have the same accuracy as a custom gun. 

But,I've seen the piece,(by CZC,I think) on the Accushadow and it showed a 2-3/4" group at 50 yards using Fiocchi ammo. VERY impressive. I'm wondering what it would do with top-notch target ammo. 

The more accurate it is, the more room for error I have with the trigger.

Defnitely look at any the pistols where CZC adds their accubushing.  You should find this of interest:

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t11883-cz-p-09-ransom-rest-results

It's not a S2, nor does it have CGW 10X bushing but the accuracy potential is quite good with CZ pistols.  I recently bought a TSO in 9mm and am developing loads wanting to be well under 3" at 50 yards.  I completely understand the desire for extreme accuracy after having a properly built 1911, Chambers Custom does all my 1911 work...

Edited by trulyapostolic

• 3 months later...

I doubt many commonly available mass produced pistols are capable of that accuracy regardless of brand.  but I've rung a 6-8 inch plate at 100 yards holding the pistol in my hands and just resting the magazine / butt on a bench.  so I know non fully bench rested / ransom rested 3-4-5-6 inch groups are possible from a mechanical standpoint.  but 1-2 inch or less?  wow.  if its coming from a CZ probably one of their bushing "ACCU" models.  

On 6/1/2020 at 10:33 AM, tdan said:

My Shadow 2 will shoot 5/8" 5 shot groups off a rest(not a Ransom) at 25 yards.  I have tweaked it a bit.  I have a Cajun Gun Works 10x bushing installed and a single action only trigger that breaks at 2 lbs. 10 ounces.  These mods may not work for you action shooters, but I got it to see how this gun would do in Bullseye competition.  The jury is still out on that one, as this is a very heavy gun with the Ultradot HD Micro sight that is mounted on it. Keep in mind that I am required to shoot this beast with one hand only while shooting Bullseye.  We only load 5 rounds a string, so imagine the extra weight with a full 17 round mag.  I think the major contributor to this gun's accuracy is the handloads I use.  You may wish to try this combo in your guns:

Precision Delta 124 gr. hollowpoints , 4.0 grains of Titegroup loaded into Federal cases with Winchester primers.  The overall length of this cartridge is 1.145".  I have not chronographed this load, but they kick my brass out about 3 feet to the right of me in a nice little pile with the factory recoil spring.  I have never had any malfunction EVER with this pistol, and I have about 1200 rounds through it.  If I was to nitpick, I would think at this price point that the slide to frame fit would be a little tighter, but it does not seem to affect accuracy.  Maybe CZ will come out with an aluminum framed version to get the weight down a bit.  I would definitely check that rendition out.  I consider myself winning the gun buyers lotto with this pistol, as I bought it off Gunbroker NIB sight unseen.................tdan

Did you have your gun throated, mine hits the rifling at 1.110" with PD 124 JHP's. That seems awfully long, I normally shorten them to 1.080 to get the best accuracy. I have loaded to 1.120 and shot a 10 shot group at 25 yds from my Ransom rest that went 1.57". 3-5 shot avg Ransom rest group is 1.97" at 25 yds.