Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2- 50 Yard Accuracy

Prange

Gentlemen,

Coming from 1911's, I'm used to 1-2" accuracy at 50 yards,(10 shot groups).

Has anyone here tested a Shadow 2 at 50 yards?

I'm itching to buy one,I just don't know how to spec it out.

Thanks.

Haven't shot mine at 50 yards yet.

30 yards from a rest is the farthest I have tested so far.

Once I adjusted the rear sight slightly one inch groups at POA were easy.

I don't have any high end 1911s to compare to but the S2 shoots smaller groups (from a rest) than my Sig 226 Legion, Ruger SR1911, or my Kimber 1911 CDP.

I don't think you will be disappointed.

Varooom

3 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

WOW ...

That is incredible accuracy.

Mind if I ask what is the gun ?   What is the load ?   What is the application ?   and what is the ammo ?

David Sams built 1911 9mm. Actually shoots a 10-shot group of 7/8"@50 yards. Atlanta Arms AMU match HP. 

It's for NRA Precision Pistol. His Beretta 92 is good for groups of 1-1/4"@50 yards. Same ammo.

1 hour ago, Prange said:

David Sams built 1911 9mm. Actually shoots a 10-shot group of 7/8"@50 yards. Atlanta Arms AMU match HP. 

It's for NRA Precision Pistol. His Beretta 92 is good for groups of 1-1/4"@50 yards. Same ammo.

"Coming from 1911's"

That's not the average 1911.

17 hours ago, Prange said:

What did the gun cost ?   (That's a remarkable gun, BTW).    :) 

22 hours ago, EarlKeese said:

I'd like to know where some of you guys get your measuring tapes from.

:)

Actually, I'm more interested in the ammo.

It is interesting to think about, the rifle folks will tell you that longer barrels do not improve accuracy so you wonder what the real limit is for handguns which are not a special purpose design target pistol and which are shooting a common caliber. 

5 hours ago, Prange said:

That's a fine group from a bag.

Irons or optic?

I can’t tell what target that is,but an NRA Rapid Fire target has a 10 ring of 3-1/4”.

It’s pretty tough to get an accuracy baseline at 50 using irons. 

On 2/17/2019 at 2:01 PM, IHAVEGAS said:

:)

Actually, I'm more interested in the ammo.

It is interesting to think about, the rifle folks will tell you that longer barrels do not improve accuracy so you wonder what the real limit is for handguns which are not a special purpose design target pistol and which are shooting a common caliber. 

Actually, longer barrels do improve accuracy...at distance.

the reason? Wind resistance. For a given bullet (fixed BC), the faster you can drive the bullet, the more wind resistance you gain.

This is dramatic as range starts increasing to 600yards and up.  That’s why F-Class shooters & long range shooters run long barrels...for the velocity.

a 32” .308 (typical Palma or F-class barrel length) vs a 16” .308 is a difference of about 300ft/s. 

Ay 1,000yds, that’s about 10-12inches of wind resistance gain....and since wind is constantly varying, your practical accuracy is severely handicapped with a short barrel.