Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

12.5 in barrel mid upper

1911vm

1 hour ago, dkamps said:

Triarc Track 2.0 12.5in middy.. fantastic barrel.

how would you compare that to this one they are about the same price          NOVESKE 12.5" CRUSADER MID-LENGTH 5.56MM STAINLESS BARREL                      

NOVESKE 12.5" CRUSADER MID-LENGTH 5.56MM STAINLESS BARREL       

I have this barrel on my SBR and it flat runs. It also loves Hornady 75gr BTHP Match. I was a non-believer but a friend convinced me to give it a try and it works.

16 hours ago, 1911vm said:

how would you compare that to this one they are about the same price          NOVESKE 12.5" CRUSADER MID-LENGTH 5.56MM STAINLESS BARREL                      

Noveske makes great barrels. I haven't used that specific one so I am not sure.

The 11.5 and 14.5 triarc barrels I ran all fired a few FPS faster, and were ~ half moa shooters, with correct sized gas ports. I built one of the 12.5 middys for a friend and it was also a great shooter, runs nicely suppressed and unsupressed with no reported issues for about a year now.

I really do love their barrels, top notch. Their proprietary rifling seems to not be snake oil, about 25fps faster out of my 11.5 than I had chrono'd before with 77gr IMI vs a ballistic advantage.

21 minutes ago, dkamps said:

Noveske makes great barrels. I haven't used that specific one so I am not sure.

The 11.5 and 14.5 triarc barrels I ran all fired a few FPS faster, and were ~ half moa shooters, with correct sized gas ports. I built one of the 12.5 middys for a friend and it was also a great shooter, runs nicely suppressed and unsupressed with no reported issues for about a year now.

I really do love their barrels, top notch. Their proprietary rifling seems to not be snake oil, about 25fps faster out of my 11.5 than I had chrono'd before with 77gr IMI vs a ballistic advantage.

I would like to echo dkamps. My 12.5" has been chronoed faster than I would have expected; almost 14.5" velocities. I have shot PMC Bronze, M855 and a mix mash of other stuff with no issues. I have not shot any of the AE though.

I thought that the rifling thing was marketing but it seems it really is faster.

I have a SMOS 12.5 Mid barrel. It runs 55 Fiocchis fine both suppressed and unsuppressed. I have a SF MB on it. Obnoxious if you're next to it but very flat shooting. Ive taken it out to 400 yds with no problems. 

I was skeptical at first as well. 

Good luck.

Just spoke to a BE member  that cut down a BCM 16in mid to a 12.5 and now it's his favorite upper. Shoots flat and eats anything. He sent me a video and it definitely is flat shooter. 

I have an older JP VTAC 16in upper.  this may sound stupid but I am think about curing  my 16in  barrel down to 12.5 and roll the dice on that. If I have lost my mind please feel free to say so. My thinking.
1. I almost never shot it
2. its a very good quality barrel
3. it comes with an adjustable gas block already.

4. do not need to buy anything else to build its a complete upper 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...