Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wilson combat ETM mags

Corrado_kid

I’m having an issue with Wilson Combat ETM magazine (8 rounders) not functioning properly when they are loaded to 8 or even 7 rounds. I did the load and unload several times. Let them sit for  2-3 weeks loaded with 8 rounds in them. Is there any other suggestions. I reached out to Wilson and they offered to return them for a credit (which i don’t want to do yet). 

Im using factory 230gn federal syntec, 230gn white box Winchester, and reloads. All same issue. 

Using a STI Trojan. Gun runs the my buddies ETM mags flawlessly loaded to 8 rounds. 

Any suggestions? 

2 hours ago, Aric said:

What issues are you having with the magazines?  

They will not chamber a round when I load the magazine and rack the slide. The bullets nose dive into the feed ramp. If I load the magazine with the slide locked it will chamber the round more constantly but not always. I have 8 mags and it does this between all 8. 

I would agree with everyone else, sell, trade or return them to Wilson.  

Does you gun work with other magazines?  Are the feed lips in spec?  Are the magazine springs strong?  Do the followers move easily in the magazine bodies? 

I have an STI trojan in .45 and I have many Wilson ETM mags (Like a dozen) and they all feed all ammo perfectly. I would exchange them and try again. Also one thing to try is to load and unload them to capacity 6 times before using them, as sometimes that settles the Spring and follower. I have to do this with my MBX 2011 mags, never had to do it with the Wilsons, but worth a try. Have the mags been loaded and unloaded 6 times each yet?

Send them back to Wilson.  Older ETM mags ran flawlessly.  The newer one, especially the ones with the Chip McCormack folder over feed lips are not so reliable.  These newer ones cause a nose dive on the first and second round.  I have ten rounders that are unusable for just that reason.  Even leaving them fully loaded for three months did nothing to help.  Neither did adjusting the feed lips.

On 1/20/2019 at 10:00 AM, Silverscooby27 said:

I have an STI trojan in .45 and I have many Wilson ETM mags (Like a dozen) and they all feed all ammo perfectly. I would exchange them and try again. Also one thing to try is to load and unload them to capacity 6 times before using them, as sometimes that settles the Spring and follower. I have to do this with my MBX 2011 mags, never had to do it with the Wilsons, but worth a try. Have the mags been loaded and unloaded 6 times each yet?

I have unloaded them and reloaded them. I’m going to check them in my buddies 1911 and see what happens.