Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

actual lead time from glock using certificate

ChrisC

I was curious what the actual lead time was when purchasing a Glock using a GSSF certificate?

The documents stated it could be up to 6 months but I was curious what the actual times were. 

I ordered a gen 4 17 MOS if that matters any. 

Thank you in advance. 

Chris 

Are you asking about ordering directly from Glock yourself or through a local GSSF/Blue Label dealer?

I did the latter for a G17 gen 3, since I am in California where gen 4 and 5 are not approved. It came in to the local dealer within 2-3 weeks. Then I had my DROS (dealer record of sale paperwork, background check and 10 day waiting period. In other words even in California it took about one month.

Directly from Glock.

They cashed my check 1st of November. They had it for a couple of weeks prior to that.

I was just curious what others experience had been. I figured I would see it right after the holidays. I guess free guns aren't top priority.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

They decide which guns are being produced at any moment based on the orders they have in-hand. Not all guns are in production an any given time. If they have an order for Gen4 17MOS's right now, they'll be make extras for QC scrap, certificates that need to be filled, requests for units for testing by potential purchasing agents, etc.

Be patient and plan on 6 months. If you get it sooner, it will be a happy surprise!

There's a difference in coupons (issued as a part of GSSF membership) and certificates (usually a prize award or a promo deal from some entity).

The coupons allow someone to purchase a Blue Label gun at almost LEO pricing. The dealer is entitled to charge an additional $29 over BL price for their trouble. Many don't and just sell at true BL pricing.

Certificates most always have to be redeemed through GLOCK directly. GLOCK ships the pistol directly to the FFL indicated by the person redeeming the cert. I say 'most always' because there are a few dealers who will let you trade a cert for something they have in stock, and then they redeem the cert with GLOCK. And they have the same nominal 6 month wait for the replacement. 

I have not used a GSSF cert for buying a Glock at blue label pricing, but I did send in a Cert for a Glock won at the Gator Classic. I was told to expect up to 3-4 months to get the pistol by many on the various forums/groups. I got it in 2wks and it was one of the Gen 5 G34MOS with the front serrations on the slide. Maybe it's just a matter of when you send, what's on hand, and what form of payment you use?

1 hour ago, MikeRussell said:

I have not used a GSSF cert for buying a Glock at blue label pricing, but I did send in a Cert for a Glock won at the Gator Classic. I was told to expect up to 3-4 months to get the pistol by many on the various forums/groups. I got it in 2wks and it was one of the Gen 5 G34MOS with the front serrations on the slide. Maybe it's just a matter of when you send, what's on hand, and what form of payment you use?

That's awesome what form of payment did you use? 

37 minutes ago, MikeRussell said:

Credit card. I contacted them first via email and was told that the main reason things get held up is lack of info. 

Thanks bud I'll do the same. 

18 hours ago, MikeRussell said:

Maybe it's just a matter of when you send, what's on hand, and what form of payment you use?

Most likely, they had recently completed a run of Gen5 G34MOS's. Being so popular right now, that would seem a good possibility.

Of the three, payment has the least to do with it. And when your card is run, or check is cash is no indicator that it's about to ship. The nice ladies who key the order and the process the payment just do them when they can.

It's not a bad idea to follow up and see if all of the information submitted with the cert is complete and correct. 

Understanding now the difference between a certificate (free gun) and a coupon (discounted gun) the time delay makes sense. It is the lowest priority order to be met, since there will be no profit other than the write off for donating the certificate in the first place.