Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czeckmate running Minor???

JDIllon

Just got a Czeckmate and I want to run minor, I have sever arthritis and can't take the recoil.  Anyone running minor in there Czeckmate?? and if so what did you have to do? and what loads? Bullet wt., COAL, powder (brand) and amount??  Note, I want to run it in open configuration with comp. ect.  Thanks, JD

Edited by JDIllon

Throw a low recoil spring in it and use whatever cycles the gun.  However, the comp is going to be all but useless with minor loads.  Also keep in mind you may have ejection/stovepipe issues because the rounds won't get 'thrown' far enough and may bounce off of the c-more mount and back into the ejection port.

10 hours ago, JDIllon said:

Just got a Czeckmate and I want to run minor  I want to run it in open configuration with comp.  

I'd go with a very light bullet (115 gr) completely covered in a jacket, and a slow powder

like HS6 - and find a PF that is comfortable for YOU to shoot with your arthritis - the comp will

like the hotter loads, but a medium load might be just the ticket (PF 150 or so).     :) 

Thanks for the feed back. I wasn't taking into consideration that the comp will have very little affect with real light loads!! So, if I run with real light loads, then I would be better off without the comp. That way I would have less weight and no fouling of the comp. I will try some loads up around 150 and see what affect they have.  Does anyone know what PF 115 factory target loads?? or say 124 NATO? 

1 hour ago, robert.a.brewer. said:
5 hours ago, yigal said:
all CM in the club shoot only minor 9mm   standard ammo. very reliable. works 100% with fiocchi 115 gr.
they  use 10-11lb R.S. for this gun.

Are CM in your club using the comp?

yes. all of them.

one friend  use it for limited with sight block.

56 minutes ago, JDIllon said:

Thanks for the feed back. I wasn't taking into consideration that the comp will have very little affect with real light loads!! So, if I run with real light loads, then I would be better off without the comp. That way I would have less weight and no fouling of the comp. I will try some loads up around 150 and see what affect they have.  Does anyone know what PF 115 factory target loads?? or say 124 NATO? 

last time we checked in CM : magtech 115gr    pf136

fiocchi115gr           pf 140

S&B 115           PF 142

IMI 115          PF 144

When I had my czechmates they ran minor PF just fine with stock springs. A friend locally uses his CM minor PF for 3gun that way. I left the comp on as a barrel weight. Between that, and the fact it's overall a very heavy all steel gun, I'd just let that weight be the recoil reduction vs trying to amp up the load (more/slower powder) and just enjoy it.

Ok for minor, get some 115gn JHP's , Shooters World, Major Pistol ( D037.01) powder

Load 8.4gn Major Pistol at an OAL that will work in your Czechmate. This will be a 140pf load and will work the comp.

another powder that will run the comp at minor power factor is N105

8.4gn N105, @ OAL that will work in your Czechmate. This will also be a 140pf load and will work the comp.

I tried shooting my Shadow 2 loads on my CM just for fun in open minor and it was riculously flat shooting. It’s like shooting a .22! My shadow loads were 124 Gr FMJ FP with 4.1 Gr Winchester 231 @ 1.102-1.104 OAL. Pf is 126-128. I shot those loads with the comp and a 9# recoil spring.

I also shoot these loads on my TSO.