Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX PCC is a shooter!

I received the new rifle from the fine folks at MBX shortly before Christmas but since I was out of town I had to wait a couple weeks to get it on the range.  I ordered the standard PCC with the 14.5" ultra lightweight barrel with the pinned/welded MBX brake.  The only other addition was the extended mag release.

This thing shoots!  It was purchased for my wife so that she can come out and play with me at range days and matches and we both love it.  We had two range days and two local matches so far and it has been a pleasure to shoot and very accurate.

I've only run Orr Tactical 115 grain in it and I see no need to move from there.  I may play with their 147's after a while but I am in no rush.  I did a 10 yard supported group and a 10 yard unsupported group, then repeated at 25 yards using a 6 MOA C-More sight.  

This is my first time messing with a PCC but I dont think I could be more pleased with it aside from bring filthy at the end of the day.  The best part is my wife loves it and now we can spend some more time together.  Win win I say.

IMG_2091.JPG

Thanks for the advice but she is dialed in pretty well, currently at 25 yards.  By supported I was referring to shooting off a bench, and unsupported referring to standing and delivering on my own - like in a match setting. 

My wife is only interested in USPSA and maybe IDPA so I don’t see much of a reason to do much further. If I decide to do a 2x4 UML match or something I’ll just learn the holds for 100yd stuff. 

Another range day this morning and she ran like a sewing machine and held zero like a champ. 

• 1 month later...

I have over 8k rounds thru mine without a single malfunction. I know a guy that has 17k rounds thru his. The buffer system is easily tuned to your load. Imo it’s race ready out of the box at a very good price. Their customer service is also good, they’ve answered all my questions within 24 hours. 

3 minutes ago, Bwillis said:

I have over 8k rounds thru mine without a single malfunction. I know a guy that has 17k rounds thru his. The buffer system is easily tuned to your load. Imo it’s race ready out of the box at a very good price. Their customer service is also good, they’ve answered all my questions within 24 hours. 

That's really good to hear. I keep debating another JP but it's fun to try other things and weight would be even more critical for her enjoyment and JP's lightweight ETA was late summer last I knew. Thanks for the update.

Edited by ABQautoxer
On 1/2/2019 at 12:05 PM, wixthedog said:

The best part is my wife loves it and now we can spend some more time together.  Win win I say.

This is the best part.  

Thanks for sharing. I look forward to checking them out; not a huge PCC guy until rollerlocks come out in AR format, but happy to hear they work.

We are a little over 3000 rounds into this one and she still hasn’t had a single failure of any kind, as expected. Accuracy has held without issue and other than cleaning we haven’t done anything. I use Orr Tactical 115gr because it still shoots incredibly soft and I have a ton of it (almost literally). 

I went woth the ULW barrel because it was a fun for my wife and I knew she would appreciate the few saved ounces over time. Not that we have had any issue with it I would get the midweight if I were getting one for me, but that is more of a personal preference thing. 

JP makes a great rifle, no doubt. I think either way you will be satisfied but I can confidently say the MBX is a great buy.