Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

QC10 value budget build suggestions

So Quarter Circle is having a sale and I've purchased their upper/lower receiver small frame 9mm glock set as well as the 9mm Universal Bolt.

Looking for suggestions for buffer assembly, barrel and handguard. I'm also considering using Rise Armament RA-140 trigger and a C-More Railway Red Dot with this build. Firing mostly 115 grain FMJ Factory Ammo.

Currently considering (options are in stock):

- Taccom Adjustable Recoil System (Possibly adding the Short Stroke Kit)

- Springco Red + 5.5oz Buffer

- Taccom Carbon Fiber Handguard

- Faxon 16" Tapered Barrel

- Taccom 9mm Feather Weight Tension Barrel with Brake + Foam handguard

- STNGR HWK 13.5" Handguard

Application is competition shooting. Looking for lightweight and high performing parts on a high value budget build.

Your input is extremely appreciated, many thanks in advance.

Edited by CaliPCC

C-more- yes, great pistol/uspsa match optic. If your planning on shooting beyond 50 yards there are better and cheaper options.

The foam handguard works with the ULW barrel system from taccom not the tension barrel. If you really like that style setup I would just get the whole taccom upper and keep your other bolt for a spare.

If you decide to build an upper with a standard barrel ( shooters inovation is my suggestion) then the taccom carbon handguard is a great option.

Finally if your gonna shoot factory ammo your giving up one of the biggest tuning aids for your pcc. Nothing against the taccom system but with factory ammo I would spend my money other places and just get a standard 9mm buffer and a sprinco or JP spring. Short stroke it with a cheap plastic spacer( not quarters) and shoot it until you start reloading.

1 hour ago, JsK said:

C-more- yes, great pistol/uspsa match optic. If your planning on shooting beyond 50 yards there are better and cheaper options.

The foam handguard works with the ULW barrel system from taccom not the tension barrel. If you really like that style setup I would just get the whole taccom upper and keep your other bolt for a spare.

If you decide to build an upper with a standard barrel ( shooters inovation is my suggestion) then the taccom carbon handguard is a great option.

Finally if your gonna shoot factory ammo your giving up one of the biggest tuning aids for your pcc. Nothing against the taccom system but with factory ammo I would spend my money other places and just get a standard 9mm buffer and a sprinco or JP spring. Short stroke it with a cheap plastic spacer( not quarters) and shoot it until you start reloading.

Agreed on all counts.  If you were going to go Taccom ULW you're best bet is the whole upper IMO.  I'd go the full barrel direction unless you can cancel the QC10 bolt.  (Always good to have a spare too)

Additional options:

Optic: Holosun 510c

Odin Works makes a popular rail that many on here use.  Can't recall what it is, but should be easy to find.  Note the Taccom CF has no way to attach things if that's important.

Blitzkrieg buffer with JP 308 spring.

Trigger: Hiperfire 24c or similar.  With PCC stick with a trigger that is well-known to work.

Have fun!

Thank you JsK and longbeard that was extremely helpful. I think that I'll probably go the standard barrel route and keep the QC10 bolt.

My biggest concern is the buffer assembly, if I just go with the standard buffer, how do I calculate the proper weight given the ammunition shooting, length of barrel, weight of bolt, etc?

3 minutes ago, CaliPCC said:

Thank you JsK and longbeard that was extremely helpful. I think that I'll probably go the standard barrel route and keep the QC10 bolt.

My biggest concern is the buffer assembly, if I just go with the standard buffer, how do I calculate the proper weight given the ammunition shooting, length of barrel, weight of bolt, etc?

Blitzkrieg and be done. 

Really recommend you go with one of the PCC buffer systems. For reference they are 6oz buffers.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Holosun 510C over the CMore all day long. Loctite all the screws on the riser and the optic shield and never mess with it again. Clearer, brighter, and the battery lasts all year long (when left on for 8 hours of match day.)

Heavy JP spring and a Blitzkrieg buffer. Short-stroke the gun so it doesn’t come back far enough to engage the bolt catch.

I’m a big fan of JP barrel and bolt carrier group in a QC10 reciever set. Just runs and runs.

Thank you everyone, your feedback has been incredibly helpful in guiding my decision making.

I've selected most of the parts and they are on their way, last thing is the red dot, I might wait on it until I have received all the parts.

So it's between the Holosun and C-More. The C-More 4 MOA can be found for $185 and I think that's a great bargain, so I'm more likely to go with that option. The only thing is that I'm not sure what MOA dot will work best. Planning to try some out next time I'm at the range.

Thank you everyone, your feedback has been incredibly helpful in guiding my decision making.

I've selected most of the parts and they are on their way, last thing is the red dot, I might wait on it until I have received all the parts.

So it's between the Holosun and C-More. The C-More 4 MOA can be found for $185 and I think that's a great bargain, so I'm more likely to go with that option. The only thing is that I'm not sure what MOA dot will work best. Planning to try some out next time I'm at the range.
6 moa in cmore is a pretty established PCC size. Plenty bright on a sunny day. Be sure to buy extra batteries. I toss mine at 2.6 volts. Cmore dots eat batteries.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Personally I don't think the Holosun has better glass or is clearer, its just shaded so it appears that way. My biggest issue with the C-more is the adjustment screws are pretty coarse making a 50 or 100yd zero a pain in the ass. The battery life also sucks compared to the newer optics. That makes the Holosun a better all around choice while a C-more is fine for USPSA or Steel Challenge. Be very wary of a 185.00 C-more, there are lots of fakes on Amazon and Ebay. I think Homie has a C-more for sale.

The reason I recommended a simple 6oz buffer and JP 308 rifle spring is allows you to spend money in other places and build you buffer system later. If you wanna do it all at once get the Blitz 5007 buffer, 2.7oz buffer weight and the JP308 rifle length spring.

@JsK the holosun has some other things going for it over the C-more

1. Noticeably brighter with a smaller more precise aiming point when it’s turned down, bright and easy to track when turned up.

2. Holds a zero.  C-more railways need regular zero checks due to the plastic “hinge” locating the base of the glass.

3. Battery life. Between the solar cell and the optic’s frugal use of power, I leave it turned on all day at max brightness on range day. For months on end. I’m still on the first battery in my 510c, well over half a year later.

4. You can find them for $220-250 and no one is making 510c knockoffs to sell on eBay that I’m aware of. The same is not true of the C-more.

13 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

It’s an EOTech. With all of the problems fixed. And they halved the price along the way.

Well, not quite (different tech) but for USPSA purposes, you're correct. 

I'm on my 3rd 510c... Not that one broke, I just enjoy them that much I keep buying them. I pulled the shield off of two of them that I run on my primary and backup MPX. I also run one (w/ shield) on my bedside gun... A 6.75" Sig MCX SBR. That's how much I trust them. The mount is kind of janky, so I tighten them up solid and leave them there.