Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Adding thumb rest to TS? Or go Tanfo?

lfine

My wife is buying me a Christmas present and I’m looking at a CZ TS in 40. Love my Shadow 2 for production so I thought I’d get something different in the CZ line. For limited, I noticed that the Tanfo is predrilled  for thumb rests. Looks like the CZ could only use a nitro fin or similar. I’m tempted by the Tanfo just for that at the same price. Any thoughts or opinions from those who have been there, done that? Anyone have their CZ drilled for this? A TSO is out of reach right now. Thanks 

2 hours ago, lfine said:

My wife is buying me a Christmas present and I’m looking at a CZ TS in 40. Love my Shadow 2 for production so I thought I’d get something different in the CZ line. For limited, I noticed that the Tanfo is predrilled  for thumb rests. Looks like the CZ could only use a nitro fin or similar. I’m tempted by the Tanfo just for that at the same price. Any thoughts or opinions from those who have been there, done that? Anyone have their CZ drilled for this? A TSO is out of reach right now. Thanks 

Or go with a TSO, which already has a thumb rest.

I had my TS drilled for a thumb rest.  I put a small one on like the TSO.  I didn't like it.  I eventually took it off.  I know some shooters who took it off their TSOs so it would fit into a non-race holster.

I've drilled and tapped two of my TS pistols to put optics on them.  Both also have a thumbrest on them.  I'd buy the TS over the Limited.  You won't need trigger work with the TS.  If you have it drilled/tapped go with a STI spacing (.375") and then you're thumbrest options will open up.

Another vote for getting a TS or TSO over a Tanfo.  Of course, look around at the forum this question is posted in ;)

Although my CZs are jealous because I recently picked up a 2011, I still have love for the TS/TSO platform; out of shear reliability and predictably if nothing else. 

I am a Tanfo shooter and I would reccomend the TS simply for out of the box reliability and a better trigger. The older model TS is built like a tank.

If you dont mind tuning the platform the Tanfo has better ergonomics and much better checkering.

The Tanfo frame will be more similar to your S2 though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk