Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC Handguard - help decide

Its seems like I am down to 3 handguard choices for my PCC upgrade project.  My understanding is below and would like yall's help / insight.  I am most worried about installation and OD of handguard as i have smaller hands..

1. Nordic Components NC-1; round guard and has od of about 2 inches.  seems to be about 12 to 13 ounces

2. Double Star Match Handguard; round guard with knurled midsection; outside diameter seems little less than 2 inches.  Weight about same as nordic.  ONe review i read talked about barrel nut problems.

3. Taccom Carbon Fiber; round guard with OD of about 1.5 and very light.  seems to be easy to install.

At these price points, cost is not an issue.  Any help is much appreciated.  It appears the .22 version of the Nordic is discontinued.

57 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: Yes, one of my favorite PCC handguards is the Nordic 22 aluminum one. It just balances right for me and the small diameter is nice even for my big hands. Shame they don't sell them any longer. I like the Taccom carbon one as well as the KAW  Valley carbon ones. Thanks, Eric

What's the difference between the Taccom and KAW Valley carbon fiber handguards?  Some of the pictures of the KAW Valley handguard seem to show a rail or something on the left side.

Hello: The barrel nut is different on the Taccom and KAW Valley. You can also get longer lengths with the KAW Valley but I am sure Tim at Taccom will make you a longer one if you ask him. No rail on the KAW unless you add one by drilling some holes and adding a mount. Thanks, Eric

15 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: The barrel nut is different on the Taccom and KAW Valley. You can also get longer lengths with the KAW Valley but I am sure Tim at Taccom will make you a longer one if you ask him. No rail on the KAW unless you add one by drilling some holes and adding a mount. Thanks, Eric

Thanks, Eric...  I have two of the Taccom carbon fiber handguards and like them...  Tim made a special length handguard for my 14.5" barrel (Thanks, Tim)...  Worked out well...  I like the Taccom CF handguards because they're light and a small diameter...  I can grab them without my fingers showing in my low 510c red dot.