Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel Challenge Nationals for 2019

Bruce Warren

• 1 month later...

You're receiving this email because you either registered for or shot the US Steel Shoot match in 2018. I wanted to let you know a few things about the match for 2019:

1 - Match dates are April 3 - 6. The match will be held at the South River Gun Club in Covington, GA. This is the same range we've used for the past two matches.
3 - We will run two flights per day Wed-Friday and one flight Saturday morning. Awards and prize table immediately after match conclusion on Saturday.
4 - Competitors may shoot two guns per flight (squadding permitting).
5 - Entry fee is $100 per gun for all competitors for all guns you want to shoot. This will make the registration and approval process go so much faster/smoother than this year.
6 - Registration opens on 1 Jan 2019 at 3:00 PM Eastern Time.
7 - Registration is on PractiScore (https://practiscore.com/us-steel-shoot-2019/register)
8 - This is an SCSA Sanctioned Tier III match which means current USPSA membership is required. You don't have to be current to register but you must be current before you shoot the match.

We need RO's so if you're interested in working please let me know.

We look forward to seeing you in early April!

10 hours ago, rowdyb said:

1 - Match dates are April 3 - 6. The match will be held at the South River Gun Club in Covington, GA. This is the same range we've used for the past two matches.
3 - We will run two flights per day Wed-Friday and one flight Saturday morning. Awards and prize table immediately after match conclusion on Saturday.
4 - Competitors may shoot two guns per flight (squadding permitting).
5 - Entry fee is $100 per gun for all competitors for all guns you want to shoot. This will make the registration and approval process go so much faster/smoother than this year.
6 - Registration opens on 1 Jan 2019 at 3:00 PM Eastern Time.
7 - Registration is on PractiScore (https://practiscore.com/us-steel-shoot-2019/register)
8 - This is an SCSA Sanctioned Tier III match which means current USPSA membership is required. You don't have to be current to register but you must be current before you shoot the match.

Thanks for posting rowdyb.  Inquiring minds wonder what happen to #2?  🤪

If you haven't been to this I suggest it for a few reasons:

1. The price is good for a national level event.

2. It's easy to shoot multiple guns. Especially if some are for "fun" and one is the score you really care about.

3. Atlanta isn't that far away but you still have reasonable places to stay and eat within an easy drive.

4. There are practice stages. You can basically shoot the whole match ahead of time to warm up. It's great!

5. The stages are correct. This was the best for me. So many people think they've measured it right or accept "close enough" or whatever. But I've been to local steel matches where the stages are visibly wrong. No need to even pace it off. So to see them set up with a margin of error better than +/- 3' was good.

Registration is filling up fast for the US Steel Shoot for any of those interested.  Friday p.m. and Saturday are already full with registration only being open for ~3 hours.  Four spots open on Friday a.m., otherwise you will be shooting on Wednesday or Thursday.