Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hat cam with built-in stabilization?

Dazhi

1 hour ago, Silverscooby27 said:

@waktasz Matt, what mounting system are you using? Great video and nice shooting! 

Its a standard cage pushed through a hole cut in a ballcap brim with a bolt as a retaining device.

I asked him on his YT channel a while back 

Correct-o
hat%20%281%29.jpg

hat%20%282%29.jpg

21 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

@waktasz it really sucks that pivothead went under. I liked the camera angle and video/audio quality the most

... and hate even more that mine quit talking to my laptop the month after they threw in the towel!

Yep, I miss them too. Comparing back to my old footage though, the 60fps with image stabilization from the Gopro is really terrific 

10 hours ago, waktasz said:

Correct-o
hat%20%281%29.jpg

hat%20%282%29.jpg

Yep, I miss them too. Comparing back to my old footage though, the 60fps with image stabilization from the Gopro is really terrific 

I hate the way gopro’s clip the audio and make the gun sound like a pellet gun, though.

And very heavily dislike the ones with a noticeable fisheye view; Making all the targets look 50% farther away than they actually were.

The truly realistic field of view and the audio were the best selling points on the pivothead glasses.

On 5/22/2019 at 12:47 AM, MemphisMechanic said:

@waktasz it really sucks that pivothead went under. I liked the camera angle and video/audio quality the most

... and hate even more that mine quit talking to my laptop the month after they threw in the towel!

...sorry to hear.....my Pivothead is one of the earlier models and is still working wonderfully

• 2 weeks later...

I recently picked up a 3d printed attachment that mounts to any hat with velcro. So far the footage I've captured with it is pretty good. It's a little pricey, but at least I wont have to permanently attach a mount to a hat. Link posted below

https://www.shapeways.com/product/QERAH3XE8/hat-mount-gopro-hero-5-6-7?optionId=61112272&li=marketplace

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk