Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA App

tkheard

52 minutes ago, Patrick Scott said:

Are you android guys getting the rule book to work offline with no cell service? I was unable to yesterday at a match. IIRC the error said "No cached data available" 

You need to have previously opened the file when your device had connectivity to USPSA. The app caches a local copy. Try it. With wifi/cell service, select a book to read and then close the app, put your phone in airplane mode and go back and try to read the one you had previously selected.

1 minute ago, ChuckS said:

You need to have previously opened the file when your device had connectivity to USPSA. The app caches a local copy. Try it. With wifi/cell service, select a book to read and then close the app, put your phone in airplane mode and go back and try to read the one you had previously selected.

I had opened the app and looked at the rule book several times while connected to wifi. Maybe it's a phone issue? 

17 minutes ago, Patrick Scott said:

I had opened the app and looked at the rule book several times while connected to wifi. Maybe it's a phone issue? 

It might be. I just tried the following:

1) used settings to force stop the app and cleared the data and cache

2) logged back in

3) went to airplane mode (AM), restarted the app and tried to bring up the rulebook menu and got that "aw snap" message.

4) enabled cell service (CS) and restarted the app and was able to bring up the rulebook menu.

5) Went back to AM and got the "No cached data..." message when I tried to read the MG rulebook

6) enabled CS and opened and read the MG rulebook

7) closed the app and went back to AM

\8) I could read the MG book but could not read any other ("No cached data...")

If the rulebook menu item displays "ONLINE ONLY", it seems to indicate there is no local cached copy of the file.

2 hours ago, ChuckS said:

It might be. I just tried the following:

1) used settings to force stop the app and cleared the data and cache

2) logged back in

3) went to airplane mode (AM), restarted the app and tried to bring up the rulebook menu and got that "aw snap" message.

4) enabled cell service (CS) and restarted the app and was able to bring up the rulebook menu.

5) Went back to AM and got the "No cached data..." message when I tried to read the MG rulebook

6) enabled CS and opened and read the MG rulebook

7) closed the app and went back to AM

\8) I could read the MG book but could not read any other ("No cached data...")

If the rulebook menu item displays "ONLINE ONLY", it seems to indicate there is no local cached copy of the file.

Looks like its working now using some of these tips. Thanks ChuckS 

• 5 months later...

Anybody have a fix for getting the rule book to download to an IPAD iOS 10.3.3 ?

Download works on my cellphone (Android) and my home PC (iMac) but when I try to get the book where I need it I get an "aw shucks" message for the down load and a "no cached data available" message for the on line view. Production gun list is fine. 

Yesterday I thought maybe it was a network traffic issue but it seems like that shouldn't be an issue on Monday mornings. 

Maybe this is karma for me griping when they killed the hard copy option. 

9 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Anybody have a fix for getting the rule book to download to an IPAD iOS 10.3.3 ?

Download works on my cellphone (Android) and my home PC (iMac) but when I try to get the book where I need it I get an "aw shucks" message for the down load and a "no cached data available" message for the on line view. Production gun list is fine. 

Yesterday I thought maybe it was a network traffic issue but it seems like that shouldn't be an issue on Monday mornings. 

Maybe this is karma for me griping when they killed the hard copy option. 

Do you have PDF viewer installed in your iPad? If so, download the rule book into the PDF viewer so you can open it up afterwards. That’s what I did on my iPad Pro.

You can download it through the website but not within the app. Weird but that’s what I notice when I tried to download it straight from the app.

20 minutes ago, George16 said:

Do you have PDF viewer installed in your iPad? If so, download the rule book into the PDF viewer so you can open it up afterwards. That’s what I did on my iPad Pro.

You can download it through the website but not within the app. Weird but that’s what I notice when I tried to download it straight from the app.

This was weird.

Went to look for a PDF viewer (thank you!) & in the process noted that a blank application avatar had been created called favorites. Opened the new "favorites" application & it took me to a USPSA website page that could reach the rules for viewing without the error messages. Once I had the rules pulled up the "open with iBook" option was available, when I opened with Ibook the rules were saved there so now it is good and the rules are saved & I have the Ibook functionality. After I exited the "favorites" application its avatar had changed from blank to the USPSA logo.