Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ammo Containers for the Range

JRM83

On 9/29/2018 at 5:32 PM, jkrispies said:

1 gallon ziplock freezer bag.  Yeah, sexy, I know.

I’m in the same category as you. Ziplocks for pistol matches and plinking ammo so I can see how much I have. For my long range rifles it goes in mtm boxes. 

I use a Ziplock bag.  Doesn't take up any room when it's empty, and it's easy to move around in the range bag.  Also nice to see how low I'm getting on ammo (be nicer if I didn't miss so much, though)

I like the Walmart waterproof box and the berrys boxes. I checked out the Ikea boxes, the lids will pop off with just a little tap, but I bought a few for storage anyway . Bags and such are fine for hauling ammo, but trying to load from a bag sucks. Same with any narrow mouth container like a coffee can. 

I picked up a small and large dry box from the camping section in Walmart.  They have an o-ring seal and two latches.  The small will hold between 200-250 rounds of 40S&W.

I use these flip top containers from Home Depot to store my reloaded ammo.  When I go to the range for practice, I just grab one and go.  The flip top is pretty secure, never had it open on me in my range bag.  Holds 500 or so 9mm and 400'ish .40.  At $2 each they are easy on the pocket book too.

clear-sterilite-storage-bins-18038612-64_1000.thumb.jpg.2ab13d58d7d48fd9a02f11a8f4be8f52.jpg