Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Flat or curved trigger

RustedFrog

On 9/28/2018 at 6:53 PM, Steelix said:

Med flat, but I had a GM tell me to try a short flat to help with trigger freeze. 

Interesting. I’ve ran a long flat SV on all my guns and it feels like it has the most comfortable angle for my long fingers but the trigger freeze comment makes me think. I do get trigger freeze every so often. May go shorter. 

I'm apart of the minority here but I prefer a curved trigger, it just feels more comfortable to me. I've tried curved, flat and the ENOS curved trigger and they all felt good but the curved worked best for me. It really comes down to personal preference and if its possible I'd give them all a try before saying which one is the best for you.  

I'm a big fan of the medium flat trigger.  The short one I feel that I have to curve my finger to much to get it and the long one doesn't have enough space.

SV makes a good one as well as a few other companies

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, WaJim said:

Silly question but .... if a guy was going to go flat and had an Atlas adjustable trigger would he also set the flat @ the same distance from the bow that the Minimum distance the curved was?

I think that world be a good place to start at. And that should be a short flat. 

I think it really is all personal preferance and hand/finger shape and length. I personally like flat triggers but shoot a curved trigger just as well. As long as you can pull flat and consistent everytime I don't think it matters.