Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best lower?

For my first and so far only PCC I bought a Joe Bob lower. I was going to buy a stripped and build it from there but I paid $239 for a complete lower with everything except the stock, hard to beat that price wise. From my reading here they are made by the same company that makes the 9mm lowers for Palmetto State Armory.

The only change was the Taccom3 buffer system, but the Kaw Valley that came with it worked 100% and was just fine, although not as soft.

I'm sure there are better ones, you will hear about ALL of them, but this one really works and has a HUGE magwell to boot! Also it feeds 100% so don't let anyone tell you the angle the mag sits at is wrong.

My two cents.

PS to that, if I were to do another gun, I would probably go with a QC10 lower and start from there. I have no interest in an off the shelf gun and a lot of people on here who know way more about this game than me ( for now that is) recommend them a lot.

Truth be told, I never heard of QC10 before I joined this forum. Not to mention Max uses QC10 lowers and watch him shoot !

Edited by SJMPCC022
add content

I have both the PSA gen 2 and a QC10 in Glock. Although the PSA works just fine, the QC10 is much nicer especially when it comes to loading/unloading a magazine (the PSA works, but the QC10 does it much better, faster, smoother).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First off don't buy something because Max uses one!  Yes, he's a excellent shooter.  He will shoot good with anything you put in his hands.  Everyone on here will tell you what you should buy because THEY like their product.  Look for benefits and features that will you use.  

Are you just building a PCC to just plink with?  What are your intentions with said PCC?

I have a psa now with over 20,000 on it and it’s works awesome. All of the set screws that hold everything in place come lose with x number of rounds. Blue loctite doesn’t help don’t want to use red. I just check all of them and tighten them before a match and am always good to go. That was my first one and I cheaped out on most of it before I knew if I was going or take this seriously. Not looking for features don’t want lrbho I just want it to work and be able to get parts if I need them. 

I have several of the PSA Gen 2 lowers.  On the first one I thought I was going the inexpensive route and just wanted to learn about the 9mm PCC.  Although I had built several AR-15's from scratch, I never even saw a 9mm taken apart.

So I buy the first PSA and as expected, changed out a few parts (trigger, buffer, mag release) and it worked wonderfully.  Due to all the comments that it was a train-wreck waiting to happen, I decided to build a second "backup" gun.  The second turned into a third and fourth.  Each is just a bit different to test ideas.

Bottom line, all are PSA Gen 2's and all run like scalded dogs.  The main match gun (my first) now has over 13,000 rds through it.

Even though I've had no problems with magazines feeding or dropping when the mag release is hit, the folks at PSA decided to fine tune the lower and came up with the new Gen 3 gun.  

5 hours ago, stick said:

First off don't buy something because Max uses one!  Yes, he's a excellent shooter.  He will shoot good with anything you put in his hands.  Everyone on here will tell you what you should buy because THEY like their product.  Look for benefits and features that will you use.  

Are you just building a PCC to just plink with?  What are your intentions with said PCC?

The Max comment was a joke and was intended to induce a smIle .

don't forget:
1. JP GMR-13/15
- On the heavier side
- Awesome fitment on the magwell side(which translates into awesome feeding)
- huge mag release, and an even larger one available from JP
https://jprifles.com/buy.php?item=JPGMR15LR-K1

2. Lead star arms LSA-9
- Skeleton receiver
- Integrated feed ramp(no ramped barrel or add-on feed ramp needed)
https://www.leadstararms.com/collections/receivers/products/copy-of-lsa-15-skeletonized-ar-15-receiver-set-stripped-red