Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How much does the 10x cajun bushing improve accuracy in the shadow 2?

kmam2010

I personally don't see the value.  this week after 6K rounds I shot the bushing out during fire as the sight pin wore down and allowed the bushing to blow off during recoil.  The gunsmith told me that due to tighter tolerances, increased friction, heat, dirty, dryness, etc its more prone to this than the stock bushing.  THAT - and I cannot perceive any increased accuracy across 2 guns with then and 1 shadow without.  3 guns.  I think its a giant waste of money.  I put em on 2 guns "just because".  Now that I think its akes my gun less reliable, I almost want to go back to the stock factory bushings.  

What??!!!

Get a different gunsmith.

Nothing is going to wear that pin, no matter how many rounds you shoot.  Nothing the pin contacts moves.  Not the front sight, not the bushing and not the slide where the pin/sight/bushing fit together.

1 hour ago, M1A4ME said:

What??!!!

Get a different gunsmith.

Nothing is going to wear that pin, no matter how many rounds you shoot.  Nothing the pin contacts moves.  Not the front sight, not the bushing and not the slide where the pin/sight/bushing fit together.

I don't know what to tell you.  the bushing magically flew off.  never happened with the stock one.  this is either an entirely random fluke, or, something about that bushing and its tolerances introduces unneeded friction etc.... my point is - if the accuracy gain isn't really noticeable why go thru with this part at all?  even if my situation is not even related to this part, I personally have cause to think my money was not well spend regardless.  that being said - its nice for bringing rights to say ".... yeah, my CZ is fully loaded EVEN has the bushing!"  that's about what you get for your money.  

5 hours ago, rowdyb said:

My guns tightened up at least 2 inches on 25 yard freestyle groups. From 6-7" down to 5 and under.

you have a CZ75 that is shooting 6-7 inches at 25 yards?  surely not bench rested?  mechanically the gun should be all east 2x as good as that from the factory. 

4 hours ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

Are you sure the front sight pin was in the gun at the time  it blew out ?

Yes.  pin still in gun.  its still in now.  the pin was worn to the point it went flat and no longer held the bushing.  I have pics.  

14 hours ago, IF788 said:

I personally don't see the value.  this week after 6K rounds I shot the bushing out during fire as the sight pin wore down and allowed the bushing to blow off during recoil.  The gunsmith told me that due to tighter tolerances, increased friction, heat, dirty, dryness, etc its more prone to this than the stock bushing.  THAT - and I cannot perceive any increased accuracy across 2 guns with then and 1 shadow without.  3 guns.  I think its a giant waste of money.  I put em on 2 guns "just because".  Now that I think its akes my gun less reliable, I almost want to go back to the stock factory bushings.  

If the bushing is assembled correctly nothing like this should happen.

my new TSO suffered  from poor accuracy 5" at 20yd from bench rest.(factory bushing was very very poor quality ) after i installed  new good quality bushing from IPSC STORE accuracy is 1" . for me it was worth it.

On 9/25/2020 at 9:06 PM, IF788 said:

you have a CZ75 that is shooting 6-7 inches at 25 yards?  surely not bench rested?  mechanically the gun should be all east 2x as good as that from the factory. 

freestyle does not mean benched. the below pic is 30 rounds at 30 yards, the group measures 5" exactly from the edge of the widest shots.119488251_10208206469157589_604346298773

• 1 year later...

My barrel measures .551 and the CGW 10X bushing is .552.  Yes a tight fit and when removing/replacing the barrel requires just the slightest tap with a delrin hammer.

Does it improve accuracy? Can't really say but if it comes from CGW, then I am all in.

Love it!