Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ISO Load for 625 for IDPA

minnesota1

I know this isn't the reloading forum, but I figured this is the best spot to ask since it is a revolver load.  I think the PF is 150 for IDPA.  I'm just getting back into it.  I have a 625 with the 4" barrel.  I have a bunch of extreme 230 gr. rn bullets and starline brass, federal primers.  I'd appreciate any loads so I can try them out, etc.  I appreciate your input! 

Also, if you went with one powder vs another because of a certain reason like lighter felt recoil or it isn't as dirty,  etc. I'd appreciate any info like that if you care to share.

Thanks.

Idpa enhanced revolver is 155pf.

4.2 titegroup and 230s at 1.230 should get you a comfortable 162-165pf. And lower than that wth titegroup and you'll start to get inconsistent velocity. 

Whatever load you choose you might want to get the X-Frame grip for your 625.  It fits and it covers the backstrap to help negate the extra recoil from the higher power factor.  I've got it on my 627 and 625 now and all my fancy "big butt" grips sit in a box.

Titegroup gets the revo pretty hot, I like clays or claydot better.

If it's local club matches might start at 4.0 titegroup or 3.7 clays/claydot.  If it leaves granules bump up a .10 grain until you feel it's good.  You only need 700 f/s with a 230 gr bullet.

Both loads should make that.

• 1 month later...
On 9/4/2018 at 10:57 AM, pskys2 said:

Titegroup gets the revo pretty hot, I like clays or claydot better.

If it's local club matches might start at 4.0 titegroup or 3.7 clays/claydot.  If it leaves granules bump up a .10 grain until you feel it's good.  You only need 700 f/s with a 230 gr bullet.

Both loads should make that.

^^^^^^another vote for Clays/claydot