Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 2 - Desert Classic - 2005

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A2chic should have sent you an e-mail notifying you if you got in. It included the start time of 06:50am on Fri/Sat & Sun with an end time of about 05:00pm on Fri/Sat (half days) and about 10:30am on Sunday (shooting only 2 stages) and a 3-4 hour prize table march.

Mandatory registration is Thursday, November 10 at the Rio Salado Sportsman's Club from 08:00am to 05:00pm. Staff will be shooting on this date.

Breakfast and lunch available at the range.

• 3 weeks later...

Got an e-mail response from Paul C. and they don't know if it will be posted...yet.

But, I'll be there Thursday to check out the stages :)

barry B)

You mean Thursday the 10th?

Yup, after I register I'll be checking the stages as/after the staff shoots ;)

barry B)

Since the stages haven't been posted yet I was wondering how much ammo I should bring?

How much do people usually bring over what the round count is?

I am getting ready to load up my ammo for the match and want to know how much I should load, check and be prepared to bring?

I am fortunate to be able to drive up to the match so weight isn't an issue.

Thanks,

Neal in AZ

Neal,

Without the stage diagrams (Nice Folks at Rio: PLEEEEZEEE POST THEM! they must exist since a level 3 match has to have stages pre-approved!). Here's what I figure: I seem to recall that 02 and 03 were around 300-350 rounds. The rules say max 32 rounds max for a long course of fire. 11 long courses would mean 352. 400 would allow for a reshoot. I am bringing 600* (I also get to drive to the match). Too much is better than too little <_<. And don't forget to chrono!

See you in Mesa,

Chuck

* nothing magical about 600. I only have 6 primer tubes :P

Edited by ChuckS

I merged some of these Area 2 threads together so that we can keep the info in one place.

And I thought it was the Alzheimer's kicking in again. :huh:

Me too Chuck. I was thinking "I thought I asked that question as a new thread?" Thanks for the response Chuck, I usually load in batches of 500 so I will just bring that.

Neal in AZ

Edited by Intel6

Neal,

You are very welcome. I changed projects at work so I don't get to Sierra Vista anymore. Any IPSC down there yet?

Later,

Chuck

Unfortunatly no. :( I am having to drive up to Tucson to shoot USPSA. We still have the local monthly steel match but I have won every one I have shot for the last 10 years so I woudl rather get up to Tucson to shoot. :D

Neal in AZ

Stage 12005_Stage01.ppt

Stage 2

Stage 3

Stage 4

Stage 5

Stage 6

Stage 7

Stage 8

Stage 9

Stage 10

Stage 11

Round count 296

Thursday is Registration 8 AM - 5 PM

Friday schedule: AM squads start at 6:50 AM; PM squads start at 10:30 AM

Saturday schedule: if you started early Friday, you'll start late Saturday and vice-versa

Both Fri & Sat - done at 5:00 PM - 5 stages for all squads both days

Sunday schedule: start at 6:50 AM; shoot two stages; stats... wait forever... get results... prize table for a couple of hours... go home, drink beer.

See ya all soon...

AzStatsChic :ph34r:

2005_Stage02.ppt

2005_Stage03.ppt

2005_Stage04.ppt

2005_Stage05.ppt

2005_Stage06.ppt

2005_Stage07.ppt

2005_Stage08.ppt

2005_Stage09.ppt

2005_Stage10.ppt

2005_Stage11.ppt

This will be my first time shooting this match. I have really looked forward to watching the big dogs do their thing. This is also my second match to ever shoot open division. I plan on dominating "C" class this year. B)

I look forward to meeting alot of you BE guys next week.

See you all thursday,

Dave