Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sanding Glock Mags JP GMR-15

Can someone please explain how to sand the Glock big mags to drop free and insert easily on a JP GMR-15? Maybe some pictures and instructions? Also, does anyone know what the squared off tab is on the left side of the magazine? Can that be sanded off? Maybe the anatomy of the mag tube and the follower?

Don’t know anything about your firearm, but do not sand Glock mags.  I have an article somewhere and it was stated that sanding Glock mags raises little hairs on the mags as a result of the sanding process.  I have used armor all,  wax, etc.

All of my glock mags fall freely from my JP,  even when it was brand new.   I would probably call support and see if they can remedy it.    There is no reason for you to me dealing with an issue like that.

I had a few mags swell after quite a bit of use.  They would drop free when I first acquired them.  I threw them in a milling machine and thinned them down a little.  Probably several 5 gallon buckets of ammo later, they are still working great.  

10 hours ago, bmiller said:

I had a few mags swell after quite a bit of use.  They would drop free when I first acquired them.  I threw them in a milling machine and thinned them down a little.  Probably several 5 gallon buckets of ammo later, they are still working great.  

Can you mill some of mine for me please?

Edited by Silverscooby27

If you are a fan of sanding things, I would start with the mag well, not the magazines.

As stated above, you can contact JP, but then you send the gun in( on your dime) and they will fix it. Or.................... open the mag well up and save yourself time and money !

It isn't rocket science, or even 3D printed AR lowers. Mag is sticky, other mags are sticky, open up the mag well until they all fall free !

Opening  the mag well up a bit has nothing to do with the mags being held in place when firing the gun, that is the job of the mag catch/release.

A free flowing magazine aids in the loading/unloading/reloading of the gun. 

Another option........ don't sand s**t and get an ETS mag and try it. From my experience they seem to work VERY well as far as feeding, going in and falling out.

Edited by SJMPCC022
add content