Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite Match Ammo for Shadow 2 - factory and / or yours

lfine

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:49 PM, sixsixnine said:

Dat power factor tho.

I can't imagine going that long without cleaning.  That crud buildup would be festering in the back of my mind the entire time I'm shooting.

I'll usually field strip after shooting, and at the very least blow the guts out with aerosol cleaner before putting it in the safe.

That is just one of my practice guns.  My match gun usually gets cleaned every 1k or so.  The guns keep running so why spend time cleaning them when I could be shooting them.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/29/2018 at 12:52 PM, lfine said:

Syntech 115, 124, or 150?

SynTech Action Pistol in 9mm is 150g.  Currently on sale at Brownells with discount code MDX its $217.98 a case, delivered.  Yeah more expensive than reloading, but really great, clean, no smoke, accurate, consistent.  Even feeds in my 9mm 1911.  Nominal PF 130, have not chrono'd.

https://www.brownells.com/ammunition/handgun-ammo/syntech-9mm-luger-150gr-total-synthetic-jacket-action-pistol-ammo-prod104249.aspx

37 minutes ago, MAJmorgan said:

SynTech Action Pistol in 9mm is 150g.  Currently on sale at Brownells with discount code MDX its $217.98 a case, delivered.  Yeah more expensive than reloading, but really great, clean, no smoke, accurate, consistent.  Even feeds in my 9mm 1911.  Nominal PF 130, have not chrono'd.

https://www.brownells.com/ammunition/handgun-ammo/syntech-9mm-luger-150gr-total-synthetic-jacket-action-pistol-ammo-prod104249.aspx

This.

It's an easy "fire and forget" solution. It shoots a well and has been reliable thus far. Cheaper than other USPSA specific boutique rounds also

I've had good luck with the SNS 147 grain RN in my CZ's.  I'm sure that other bullet companies use the same mold, but these bullets have a narrow enough taper to let me load 1.15 OAL.  A lot of the RNFP and truncated cone bullets will require that you load shorter than the RN

16 hours ago, threat said:

This.

It's an easy "fire and forget" solution. It shoots a well and has been reliable thus far. Cheaper than other USPSA specific boutique rounds also

Exactly... we have 3 local reloading shops; Tier1, G-S Custom & MatchPoint that all produce good 147g reloads, but cost is $245 to $265 a case, and we have to drive to their location to pickup, which is a minimum of 1.5 hours roundtrip, 6 hours for Tier1.  SynTech is $218 delivered to the door.  Having gone through 10K G-S Custom 30K Tier1 and 36K MatchPoint, all have a failure rate of around 1.5% or 3 rounds out of every 2 cases will be bulgy enough to get stuck in the gun, have a sideways primer or otherwise induce a malf...fine in practice, killer in a match.  To date, the SynTech has had a 0% failure rate.  In addition to my personal shooting, which isn't much, I'm coaching SASP and the centerfire team burns a minimum of 24K a year 9mm.  The local reloaders will bring price down to $225/K with brass exchange, but 20gal drums of 9mm are too heavy for me to move, the kids have to waste range time policing the brass, it has be delivered to the shop, etc...hassle is tremendous for volunteer coaches.  SynTech for the win.

7 hours ago, MAJmorgan said:

Exactly... we have 3 local reloading shops; Tier1, G-S Custom & MatchPoint that all produce good 147g reloads, but cost is $245 to $265 a case, and we have to drive to their location to pickup, which is a minimum of 1.5 hours roundtrip, 6 hours for Tier1.  SynTech is $218 delivered to the door.  Having gone through 10K G-S Custom 30K Tier1 and 36K MatchPoint, all have a failure rate of around 1.5% or 3 rounds out of every 2 cases will be bulgy enough to get stuck in the gun, have a sideways primer or otherwise induce a malf...fine in practice, killer in a match.  To date, the SynTech has had a 0% failure rate.  In addition to my personal shooting, which isn't much, I'm coaching SASP and the centerfire team burns a minimum of 24K a year 9mm.  The local reloaders will bring price down to $225/K with brass exchange, but 20gal drums of 9mm are too heavy for me to move, the kids have to waste range time policing the brass, it has be delivered to the shop, etc...hassle is tremendous for volunteer coaches.  SynTech for the win.

Exactly. With stuff like Syntech around I see no reason to reload myself or buy from others guys for the time being.