Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

hey Beven !!!

atmar

guys, do you think its ok if we started a new thread asking people to sign up if they would buy a grams engineering tungsten magwell if beven grams built one? it would be like a signature campaign, we can start it here and in glocktalk

guys, do you think its ok if we started a new thread asking people to sign up if they would buy a grams engineering tungsten magwell if beven grams built one? it would be like a signature campaign, we can start it here and in glocktalk

You have to get in line behind the "new' Para followers! :P

I like the lightweight design of the Glock. If you want a heavy gun, why shoot a Glock in the first place?

The best Glock shooter in the world uses no aftermarket mag well when shooting LTD or LTD 10 and uses a steel (non-tungston) guide rod.

I'll save the $ for ammo and practice.

I like the lightweight design of the Glock.  If you want a heavy gun, why shoot a Glock in the first place?

The best Glock shooter in the world uses no aftermarket mag well when shooting LTD or LTD 10 and uses a steel (non-tungston) guide rod. 

I'll save the $ for ammo and practice.

reply to 1st question: my philosophy is if you compete with your carry gun, you're going to be very profecient with it w/c means you can defend yourself better, i dont carry a 1911 cos of reliability issues.

reply to 2nd question: he usually shoots in ipsc production division, where he is world champ, modifications of any kind are not permitted in that division, except maybe minor mods to the sights. i'm not very familiar with uspsa LTD rules but i guess mods aren't legal there to.

Some people like the gun to feel certain ways in recoil and some others. Some shoot it because of the grip angle and dont want to change because nothing else out there has the same grip angle. They might like the Glock for the low cost, reliability, etc.

In addition, just cause DAve doesnt use something a certain way, doesnt mean others wouldnt like it or need it. NO ONE is like Dave, so not everything can do things the same way he does and still get the same result.

NO ONE is like Dave,

Very true!

Kevin - I also agree with your comments on the grip angle.

Like I said, putting a brick on the bottom of a Glock seems like defeating the one of the strengths of the initial design IN MY OPINION.

If you guys want to spend $200+ (which will likely be the cost given the materials and machining) to add that amount of weight - then go for it.

Like Kevin says - some people will not see a big benefit from making a Glock heavier and more balanced, some people will see an improvement.

While my stainless G17 slide is out at Novak's, I've been shooting my G35 slide [and ejector] on the newer & heavier G17 frame. 2oz heavier - 32.5 vs 30.5 with the old G35 frame. Add 2oz for an empty mag. Sorry about the scuffs:

New

post-354-1123435206_thumb.jpg post-354-1123435218_thumb.jpg

Old

post-354-1123434535_thumb.jpg

I like the heavy one better, even though it appears to flip more. It's a lot softer, moves my stance less, and it's more stable on splits & transitions.

Some of the top pros recommend if you shoot a plastic-frame gun, try to put as much weight on it as you can. I agree, works for me, YMMV.

Some of the top pros recommend if you shoot a plastic-frame gun, try to put as much weight on it as you can. I agree, works for me, YMMV.

Eric - is that the brass THE magwell? I would guess a tunston mag well would be far heavier, but maybe I'm off base.

The new one is T.H.E. with brass black, clear coat, and scuffs.

The old one is Glockmeister brass, the bottom sanded off a little, and grip tape.

If Beven makes a magwell AND plug out of tungsten then we're probably looking at G35 that weighs 36-38oz, just a guess. If someone made a tungsten guide rod that's as fat as Novak's steel rod, then you'd get another 1 or 1.5 oz up front, too.

I just like the grip angle and the reliability of the mags. Other than that I'm not what you'd call a Glock True Believer or anything.

Beven makes a 6 and 9 ounce magwell for 1911's. If he made the same for Glocks, that would help IMO. If he made one that weighed 12oz, I would love that, even if it cost $220. I had the tungsten magwells on my STI's and I could definitely feel and see a difference in recoil, a lot less.