Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC 170mm Mag Setup

Gooldylocks

I have tried to search but can't seem to find what I'm looking for anywhere. This is mostly directed at the Euro crowd or those that shoot matches under international rules... What mag setup are you using to fit the gauge? 

I know for a fact my big stick is too long to fit the 170 gauge, and was planning on shooting IPSC nationals in July. I hopefully would be able to get another big stick (I'm back down to only 1 after selling my backup gun) and set it up for IPSC, and get a different basepad to make my current mag fit. 

Potential options I see:

• SV with 3mm TTI
  • New STI with 3mm TTI
  • Complete SV 170
  • 170mm MBX (didn't know this was an option until today)

Since I just today discovered the 170mm MBX I will probably go that route, unless someone has information saying they don't actually fit or something. 

Thanks in advance!

19 minutes ago, outerlimits said:

might wanna also check the IPSC procedure for measuring with a gauge...

It sounds the same as USPSA, in my reading of it at least:

Appendix E1: Magazine Measurement Procedure

The magazine is placed vertically upright on a flat surface, with the measurement taken from the flat surface upwards to the rear of the feed-lips, as illustrated. Only straight, rigid magazines are permitted (i.e. flexible, drum, "J", "L", "T" or similar shape magazines are prohibited).

20 minutes ago, tcazes said:

mine did. i made sure it would pass ipsc and uspsa

Good to know. That was the way I was originally leaning until I saw I could just buy a complete mag from MBX. I will look into it again, thanks.

8 minutes ago, tcazes said:

If you have old style just get new pads and guts

I currently am down to only one big stick, since my second left with my old gun. So I was planning on getting another magazine regardless, and was going to set it up to be IPSC legal while also changing the basepad on my current mag so I would be back to two. 

My current mag is sick, it is an old style SV tuned by Beven with his guts and a 4mm TTI pad.

• 3 months later...

Can add anything to the mag discussion but just make sure they measure it correctly. The procedure quoted above is correct. Using a DAA gauge is not.

A mate spend probably 40 minutes filing a basepad at the World Shoot gun check because they were using a DAA gauge at the pre-check. Turns out it was fine all along if they measured correctly ?‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk