Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hiperfire 24C trigger vs AR Gold Trigger: PCC 9MM

Let me start with I am new to PCC not shooting. Love competitions and practice,  probably 8k rounds a year.

I'm looking at a Pure Run and Gun Competition trigger, which one do you suggest? Lets not get in the weeds with all the other gun related factors just straight up 1v1.  Those of you with experience with both or just one please speak-up.

My experience is that I have paid a lot for trigger jobs on my pistols so I personally don't mind paying more for a ready to go trigger that holds up in PCC matches.

Must hold up to a competition style practice and matches, Lots of rounds in practice.

I can't afford a practice gun and match gun.

PROS and CONS

Take a look at the KE Arms SLT-1 or SLT-2, too.

Without a disconnector, the bolt blasting the hammer back so hard into a blowback gun does not beat the trigger group to death. The hammer can come back to full horizontal before hitting anything, actually. It just hits the trigger group housing.

So far there are three of us running them locally with 10k+ through it in total. One of them replaced a broken 24C.

The safety can be applied with the hammer cocked OR forward, unlike traditional ARs.

And it’s perfect for dryfire: the trigger can be pulled and “clicks” at the break over and over, even with the bolt locked back or hammer dropped.

I only have 500 rounds through my gun so far, but I’m happy I bought trigger so far.

Edited by MemphisMechanic
2 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Take a look at the KE Arms SLT-1 or SLT-2, too.

Without a disconnector, the bolt blasting the hammer back so hard into a blowback gun does not beat the trigger group to death. The hammer can come back to full horizontal before hitting anything, actually. It just hits the trigger group housing.

So far there are three of us running them locally with 10k+ through it in total. One of them replaced a broken 24C.

The safety can be applied with the hammer cocked OR forward, unlike traditional ARs.

And it’s perfect for dryfire: the trigger can be pulled and “clicks” at the break over and over, even with the bolt locked back or hammer dropped.

I only have 500 rounds through my gun so far, but I’m happy I bought trigger so far.

4.5lb pull?

I have only used the mil-spec trigger that came with my pcc and the Hiperfire 24 3g that I have in it now.

The difference is way obviously different. I would not go back to the stock for any amount of money. The only reason I keep it around is as a spare if the other trigger breaks in a match.

Most of the guys I shoot pcc with either have the 24c or the 24 3g. I have not seen any other triggers used. (except for the mpx guys who for some reason want to keep their triggers, lol)

That's my .02 for you

I'm running Hiperfire 24Cs and JP triggers....also love Gold Trigger in my .223 ARs...that being said most of the 9mm bolts will not reset the Gold triggers in my experience.  Not enough depth on the bolt to reset the hammer, BUT I have found that the Taccom Extreme bolt is made correctly and will reset the Gold Triggers.  Problem is that I already have three lowers for my 9mms and running the 24Cs in them....maybe if I build another 9 I'll drop in  a Gold Trigger..but at the present time I'm not going to switch them out(for another $250) when the 24C is working fine.

12 hours ago, L9X25 said:

4.5lb pull?

Probably is, but I need to take my gauge to it. It feels substantially lighter. “Feels” more like 3.0 just because it’s short and clean.

In my opinion, the pull weight is the least important factor when selecting a trigger. Particularly in PCC, where durability is the most important thing to buy.

10 hours ago, mstamper said:

Most of the guys I shoot pcc with either have the 24c or the 24 3g. I have not seen any other triggers used. (except for the mpx guys who for some reason want to keep their triggers, lol)

Likely because the MPX chews up anything else. Including Hiperfires. If my memory serves correctly, a couple of guys on here have broken a 24C in one.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I currently have both, and I greatly prefer the AR Gold.

My observations: to my poorly calibrated trigger slapper the Hiperfire feels more like a single stage bolt gun trigger, where the AR Gold has just a bit of take up (which is how I like my 19/2011 triggers set up). I feel like I can get on the trigger sooner and it's a very similar prep, break, and reset to my pistols.

The Hiperfire hits the firing pin harder. This may lead to more broken firing pins. The Hiperfire is also not modular, and seems to break more hammer pins than the captured, modular trigger setups. 

I tried multiple .223 AR Golds with a bunch of different bolts and wasn't able to get any of them to reset. The SR Gold (308 version) has been 100% since I installed it.

I don't think my overall placement would be any different at a PCC match with either trigger. Both were a significant step up from a milspec + JP spring setup. I feel more confident with the AR Gold setup as I can ever so slightly prep the trigger while refining sight picture for distant steel or while shooting a tight array with lots of no shoots or hard cover.

On 5/12/2018 at 10:49 AM, MikeRush said:

I currently have both, and I greatly prefer the AR Gold.

My observations: to my poorly calibrated trigger slapper the Hiperfire feels more like a single stage bolt gun trigger, where the AR Gold has just a bit of take up (which is how I like my 19/2011 triggers set up). I feel like I can get on the trigger sooner and it's a very similar prep, break, and reset to my pistols.

The Hiperfire hits the firing pin harder. This may lead to more broken firing pins. The Hiperfire is also not modular, and seems to break more hammer pins than the captured, modular trigger setups. 

I tried multiple .223 AR Golds with a bunch of different bolts and wasn't able to get any of them to reset. The SR Gold (308 version) has been 100% since I installed it.

I don't think my overall placement would be any different at a PCC match with either trigger. Both were a significant step up from a milspec + JP spring setup. I feel more confident with the AR Gold setup as I can ever so slightly prep the trigger while refining sight picture for distant steel or while shooting a tight array with lots of no shoots or hard cover.

Also if your receiver pin holes are out of spec the Hyper fire will not reset and may double.

If your pin holes are in spec and start to wear, same problem. You will not know until it happens.

Unless you keep track of the receiver hole specs. Who does that?

Don't get me wrong. The Hyperfire is an excellent trigger under most conditions but

Gold makes me happy!