Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wheelgunners Credo

Patrick Sweeney

I'm an IPSC wheelgunner.

I'm not shooting a revolver because I'm looking for sympathy, or because I'm too poor or too cheap to afford an Open gun. I shoot a revolver because I like it.

Don't do me any special favors. You don't have to "dumb down" a stage to make it revolver neutral. I can deal with what you've got. Just don't set up your stages so I'm forced into standing reload after standing reload. Make it freestyle and I'll figure it out.

I can count to six, and I can divide a stage total by six. I know what I'm doing, so don't apologize for making the "swinger too fast" or the "drop-turner too far." I shoot like everyone else; I line the sights up and press the trigger.

Yes, I do a lot of reloading. Everyone did in the old days, before hi-cap magazines became a modern measure of manliness. Some will be messy, most will be smooth, and occasionally there will be a fanstastic one in the mix. Watch, and you might learn something.

Don't treat me like I rode the short bus to the range. I came out to have fun, shoot against other wheelgunners, and see what we can do. If you aren't careful, we'll beat some of you, too.

I'm an IPSC wheelgunner. If you pick on us too much, we'll start comparing your scores to Jerry, and you may not like how that turns out.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pat;

Excellent! I couldn't have said it any better. This reminds of the whole "be careful who you're standing next to". That guy may not look like much, but back in his day he may have waded ashore on Omaha or Iwo, led a band of Montagnards against the VC, or vacation in sandy places with a tight knit group of friends who also like to SCUBA dive and parachute jump. Be wary of the guy who chooses to do things the hard way, he's either to stupid to reason with or to tough to reckon with. And there's only one way to find out...

I love it. I have never been a big fan of making stages OVERLY 6 rd neutral. the revo guys are all in the same boat.

If it were me, I would practice reloads all stinkin' day and seek out non-6 rd matches to administer som reloadin' medicine!!!!

Great post,

SA

Nicely said, Patrick. I agree that this should be on a t-shirt.

I'm a glutton for punishment and ridicule as I'm shooting a 3-gun match this weekend He-Man/Heavy Metal style at a local MN club that may or may not recognize the He-Man division. If they do. Fine. If not. Fine. I will be shooting my .308 M1A Scout rifle with iron sights, my 12 guage 870 pump, and my 625 WHEELGUN to fullfill the .45 pistol requirements.

If we decide to put it ont he back of a shirt, I'd like to tighten it up a bit and make it a little punchier. I'll do a "Wheelgunners Credo 2.0" and release it.

And I thought of "Hi, my name is....I'm an IPSC...." but people who say things like that are trying to quit. We aren't.

And I thought of "Hi, my name is....I'm an IPSC...." but people who say things like that are trying to quit. We aren't.

You mean shooting a revo isn't an addiction your trying to quit via some 12 step program :lol:

If we decide to put it ont he back of a shirt, I'd like to tighten it up a bit and make it a little punchier. I'll do a "Wheelgunners Credo 2.0" and release it.

I think Chip may be willing to work on it. http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23133

regards,

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

-R. Frost

That is how I have lived my life.

And that is why I shoot a revolver.

I was thinking more of the Mel Brooks movie Blazing Saddles where, while being sworn in, the entire group repeats, " I, state your name". :D

Old humor.

Dave

I'm a glutton for punishment and ridicule as I'm shooting a 3-gun match this weekend He-Man/Heavy Metal style at a local MN  club that may or may not recognize the He-Man division.  If they do.  Fine.  If not.  Fine.  I will be shooting my .308 M1A Scout rifle with iron sights, my 12 guage 870 pump, and my 625 WHEELGUN to fullfill the .45 pistol requirements.

Slight thread drift-

Keith,

You mean something like this . I'm shooting this high tech gear Saturday at the Owensboro 3 gun. M1A Bush, 12 ga. Win.model 12 (mfr. 1924), and my 625

Dave

HM.jpg

Dave,

I got you beat. I shot my last 3 gun with a Garand, a side by side 12 gauge, and my 625. Your rig looks a little too high tech for me. :D

Cliff