Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is this a fair price for a 1050?

7 minutes ago, oteroman said:

I think it is on the high side; but not bad.
Used 1050 in good shape I pay $1500 locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I really wouldn't consider two months old used.  How many rounds could he have loaded on it in two months?

47 minutes ago, Brassaholic13 said:

Well, if it was on an auto-drive, 20k per day in a production facility.

That puzzles me. Dillon says lube the units at every 10K. So, a production facility would be taking it apart and lubing it twice a day.

50-60% is what I'm finding dillons for lately... local and through Facebook groups.   Have to be willing to drive a few 100 miles sometimes, though.  I have found/bought 2 in the last 5 weeks for ~$1000 w/2 and 5 toolheads, respectively- although the 5 tool head one was almost $6k with all of the other stuff (a 650, a 550, 5 single stage presses, over 200lbs of powder, 21k of projectiles, 66 sets of dies, yada yada yada)...but that $6k was about 44% of Dillon/Amazon/retail prices.

Btw, I started using Slide Glide on all friction surfaces on the 1050s and 650 about a year ago and I think it works better than anything else I've used.  I also had most of my shell plates NP3 coated by Robar almost 3 years ago.   

IMG_2903_zpsvfiakhrm.jpg

IMG_2900_zpsqoq9b30c.jpgIMG_2901_zpsm64v5ja0.jpg

3 hours ago, Brassaholic13 said:

Yeah, and?  It takes about 20 minutes to clean one.

You must be a lot better than me. Takes close to two hours to take it down, lube and put it together for me following instructions here: