Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Larry White

After a long absence I am thinking of shooting a little. Putting to toghter a carry optics rig. I have almost everthing I need except a dot. What are you using and why? I'm thinking a DPP what or FF3 dot size ???-----------Larry

Edited by Larry White
spelling

I like the DPP because they are stout and I've never had a problem with the old or new style

That said there have been some problems with EVERY small optic out there, just Leupold seem LESS problematic

7.5 Delta because I've used that dot for a long time and never found a problem with  it short or long range

Also use 6-8 moa dots on c-more slide rides on my open guns so the size is comfortable and easy to see in any light condition

I wish I had gone with the larger MOA dot, do not buy the 3. I have both the FF# and a Vortex Viper, the Burris seems better designed since you can replace the battery from the top or the dot. I have found those that do not completely house the battery can come a bit loose, and the dot starts disappearing. Really sucks in the middle of a stage.

Certainly CO is the most fun I have had shooting in years. I did start with a .40 Xdm, but went out and got a CZ. I think if I had owned a 9MM Xdm I would have stayed with the Xdm.

My experience with red dots is I like them to sit as low as possible. I had a Doctor sight on a cz that sat high. I would have trouble finding the dot. I now have a Canik tp9sfx with a vortex viper which I like a lot. Even though you have to remove the sight to replace the battery it sits lower than most sights. Bringing the gun up to find the dot seems more natural because it’s lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had good luck with a FFIII w/8 moa dot on a .45 1911 for the last few years.   First one would not adjust elevation far enough, returned and received a new one which has worked perfectly.

58 minutes ago, Steve RA said:

I've had good luck with a FFIII w/8 moa dot on a .45 1911 for the last few years.   First one would not adjust elevation far enough, returned and received a new one which has worked perfectly.

Steve - If you have a couple of spare minutes, please post a picture of your FF with the dot turned on.  I'm considering the 8 MOA version.  Thanks.

It may take a little while as all my camera equipment is in my storage space - about 3 blocks away.   I'd search on here for red dot pictures as I know I've seen a number of them.

Edited by Steve RA
left something out of post.