Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC and Minor load

You will not find a load that performs optimally in both.  If you want to stick with one load, I'd suggest using a load that you like near 130PF for the pistol, and deal with the ~140PF you'll probably get from the rifle, along with whatever dot jump comes with it.

If you download for the rifle to minimize dot movement, you probably won't make minor in the pistol.

Edited by JAFO

I'm currently running 3.6 Titegroup with 124 JHP in both my GMR-13 and H-K VP9.  I don't compete with the VP9 but I'm getting similar PF as the PCC.  PCC has light recoil spring and swapped one tungsten weight for a steel weight in the buffer.

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

You will not find a load that performs optimally in both.  If you want to stick with one load, I'd suggest using a load that you like near 130PF for the pistol, and deal with the ~140PF you'll probably get from the rifle, along with whatever dot jump comes with it.

If you download for the rifle to minimize dot movement, you probably won't make minor in the pistol.

I agree with @JAFO on this one.  One of my loads is 147gr RN with 3.0gr of titegroup. 144PF out of my 16" PCC and 130PF out of my M&P Pro.

1 hour ago, MikieM said:

How about this? 3.3 grains of N320 under a 147 grain bullet of your choice. Ought to work in both.

That's my USPSA match load for the 2018 season.  Using a 147 gr Xtreme plated RN bullet, I get a 145 PF in a 16" barrel, 133 PF in a Taccom ULW barrel and 132 PF in a Glock 34.

3.7 grains of Titegroup, 124 gr. Xtreme RN, at 1.15 OAL is what I run through a PSA 16" AR 9mm and a Rock Island Armory 2011. Runs great in both guns, 127 pf thru the pistol, which is close but i only use the RIA for 3 gun matches. I think it made around 140 pf for the rifle, can't remember for sure, I just remember it was well over minimum pf in the rifle.