Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfo accuracy

Sc0

At 50 yards the ammo will have a HUGE impact on group size.   You'll have to do the same stuff a precision rifle shooter would do.  Determine the best bullet diameter, material, profile, weight, velocity and pressure profile.  and since the variables are all inter-related ...  expect it to take a while! 

But to realize the mechanical accuracy,  you will need to get a real good rest to ensure the gun is pointing in the same place each time. 

8 hours ago, Sc0 said:

Best accuracy that your able to get at 50yds from a Tanfo?

The Stock 2 defines accuracy in Production guns. It is the best option on the market.

I watched Ben Stoeger punch out a 3/4” hole at around 20yd while practicing during a break in one of his classes. All holes touching.

When you throw in the human factor, I'm thinking something like a CZ CTS LS for mere mortals and 50 yard shots, maybe even just a Glock 34 or XDM 5.25 . Sight radius I think can be more of a big deal than quality gun x versus quality gun y. 

I know it is a Tanfo thread, but the alternative to the Stock 2 seems to be the 3 or the limited pro & there is not much difference in sight radius over the stock 2. 

I agree with what the others have said. The Stock 2 is very accurate with every load I shoot through it. I have been able to go one for one on plate racks at 50 yards.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I don't shoot at 50 but, from a sandbag for a rest I can dump an entire mag inside a 3 inch splatter target at 25 yards with my Match Xtreme. If I actually developed a good load it would do well at 50.  It has a 6 inch barrel for a really long ass sight radius.

If shooting at 50 yards I would get a Hunter. This is outside of my range for a handgun. Not consistent enough on trigger pull. Plus front sight width is close to plate size at this distance. 

All my Witness pistols shoot where I point them. The rest is on me. 

I think they are more accurate than my 1911’s and CZ 75B, P-01, and Shadow. 

Will install 10X bushings in the CZ’s to see if that evens the results.

• 1 month later...

At 50 yards with my tanfo limited I can put 15 or so on an 8" steel plate out of 20 ... not to shabbie.. lol... these are very accurate guns once you do what you are supposed to do,  the gun will do its thing :)

On 3/9/2018 at 8:56 AM, mwc said:

I agree with what the others have said. The Stock 2 is very accurate with every load I shoot through it. I have been able to go one for one on plate racks at 50 yards.

Cant quite do that yet, but practicing today with S2 9mm 147g PD FMJRN shots are on Standard USPSA Target at 50. Working on getting better for those “standards” Classifiers. 

No no real way to make  S2 “more” accurate than practice. However, one can polish and change parts to make it run smoother. 

Edited by HesedTech

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:48 AM, IHAVEGAS said:

When you throw in the human factor, I'm thinking something like a CZ CTS LS for mere mortals and 50 yard shots, maybe even just a Glock 34 or XDM 5.25 . Sight radius I think can be more of a big deal than quality gun x versus quality gun y. 

I know it is a Tanfo thread, but the alternative to the Stock 2 seems to be the 3 or the limited pro & there is not much difference in sight radius over the stock 2. 

I have a pair of tightly fitted CZ75 CTS LP with the 10x bushing with crowned and reamed CZC Match barrels fitted to them. I don't have a ransom rest or anywhere to do 50 yard testing but cloverleafing targets at 10 yards is fairly easy to do.

As far as making the stock 2 more accurate, short of tightening the frame and ensuring a good barrel fitting, the only other thing one can do is to crown the barrel which may or may not help.

Edited by himurax13