Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfo Diet Options

Mike62

I have a Limpro that weights exactly 43.0oz.  I would like to remove .1-.2 so that I have a little bit of wiggle room at equipment check when I shoot IDPA.  I found PD makes a lightweight guide rod but before buying that or pulling out the dremel I wanted to see if anyone else had come up with clever ways to reduce weight.

Thanks.

Thanks for the responses.

I think I am going to go with the PD guide rod. 

I should have mentioned I have the scales grips on the gun now so I don't think there's much I can do there to reduce weight. I wish IDPA was inline with USPSA on the magwell rules, I would love to clean it up a bit. 

On 2/27/2018 at 6:29 AM, Mike62 said:

I wish IDPA was inline with USPSA on the magwell rules, I would love to clean it up a bit. 

Many of us started out shooting IDPA and USPSA and dealing with this - trying to stay within the boundaries of two different rulesets.

After a few USPSA matches, you quit shooting IDPA altogether and it isn’t an issue anymore. ;) 

Edited by MemphisMechanic

On 2/27/2018 at 6:29 AM, Mike62 said:

Thanks for the responses.

I think I am going to go with the PD guide rod. 

I should have mentioned I have the scales grips on the gun now so I don't think there's much I can do there to reduce weight. I wish IDPA was inline with USPSA on the magwell rules, I would love to clean it up a bit. 

If you want one for 75 percent of whatever they list for, shipping included, send me a pm.

Some options I've found:

Scales 2.0 grips are a little lighter, a lightweight guide rod, a flat single sided safety, and a small width dawson fiber front sight will bring down weight.

I'm hunting the same thing, but I added a titan hammer and bolo (legal now, because a stock3 extreme in 45acp meets division requirements, and parts from one that meets it can be used in another firearm) So I need to trim weight a slight bit (titan is heavier)

I've often wondered if the phrase "Internal reliability work" can be used to mill a little bit out inside the slide and frame.

6 hours ago, Alderleet said:

added a titan hammer and bolo (legal now, because...)

Catch up to the rules updates. ;)

You can run any aftermarket trigger or hammer or the like in any Production gun you like, now.

Rules were changed at the February BOD meeting.

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Catch up to the rules updates. ;)

You can run any aftermarket trigger or hammer or the like in any Production gun you like, now.

Rules were changed at the February BOD meeting.

For CO, yes. For production, hammer yes, trigger in 3 months. 

6 hours ago, happygunner77 said:

So what are the benefits of ligthening, it helps with transitions? Less fatigue on the arm/grip? Or just preference?

On 2/26/2018 at 7:37 AM, Mike62 said:

I would like to remove .1-.2 so that I have a little bit of wiggle room at equipment check when I shoot IDPA. 

9 hours ago, happygunner77 said:

So what are the benefits of ligthening, it helps with transitions? Less fatigue on the arm/grip? Or just preference?

Unfortunately IDPA has a pretty restrictive 43 oz combined limit of the gun and an empty mag.