Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need pet load data for KKM G34 barrel

wtturn

Not sure if I had a bad one or not but my KKM barrel for my 34 was much worse then my factory barrel. I called KKM and they sent me a replacement and now it shoots just a tad better then the factory barrel. Loading 147Gr RN with 3 gr. of Tight Group for 885 FPS average.

On 2/19/2018 at 1:28 PM, wtturn said:

I am having a hard time finding a load for my new KKM barrel that will match or exceed the accuracy of my OEM barrel.

I'm looking for pet loads specific to the KKM G34 barrel.

Thanks in advance.

I tired a lot of load testing last year. I called them up after I failed to get anything as accurate as my stock barrel, and they sent me another barrel with a 1/10 twist.  I tried plated, which my oem barrel would do 2.5" off hand easy at 25 y, and better if I was on my game. Sub 2" could be done with Plated/oem.  Also tried PD jacketed HP.  I tried coated.  I tried TG, Prima V, WSF.  I tried 124, 147 grain. I've tested 3 different kkm barrels and a Wilson barrel.  Did all that using two different 34's.  Nothing was as accurate as my oem barrel.  

Maybe you'll have better luck. 

I know the big named Glock shooters get aftermarket barrels so I have to believe the accuracy can be increased but I'm thinking they're hand fit and not drop in. 

Good luck. 

Edited by B_RAD

I saw marginal accuracy improvement with a drop-in  KKM in a G17 using 147 Bayou over 3.1 TG. And I haven't tried to optimize accuracy since sub 2" at 25 is fine for me and I bought the barrel so I can run any bullet through it. Sometime this year, my brother and I will try to optimize accuracy loads in his 34 and my 17. We can compare the OEM and aftermarket barrels and, if I remember, post here.