Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lone star innovations ?

abigger04

It depends.  Do you want one that is accurate, reliable, flat out beautiful and built to your specs?  You found the right gunsmith.

I have one of his open guns purchased several years ago.  His attention to detail is excellent.

If I was in the market for another customs pistol (heavy on the custom part) I would go straight to Glenn.

Glenn has built me a 2011 minor gun in 9 mm and most recently an open gun with a 9 mm barrel and a 38 SC barrel.  His work has always been outstanding and he stands behind his guns.  Besides being a great gun builder he is also a great person, much to my wife's dismay he and I have become good friends which keeps her on her toes looking for the next build coming around the corner.  :)

1 hour ago, abigger04 said:

Cool. What type of gun did you have built? 

It was an early gun built by Glenn on an STI 2011 frame.  Full size (5") with three port comp in 9mm major.  For me it was dedicated to 3gun so it also needed to run well with minor loads.  One unique feature (may not still be available) is Glenn's automatic thumb safety.  I shoot with my thumb resting on the safety. As soon as I release the gun, the safety engages.  All the benefits of a Glock but with an excellent 2011 trigger. Never need to worry about engaging the safety prior to abandonment.

1 hour ago, bluedevil008 said:

I was hoping they would take off more than they have, unless they are intentionally keeping a small profile..

I think it's more of a case where Glenn prefers quality to quantity.  But that's not to say he's not busy. Every time I get to visit his shop he has numerous guns in various stages of completion. 

23 minutes ago, Flatland Shooter said:

I think it's more of a case where Glenn prefers quality to quantity.  But that's not to say he's not busy. Every time I get to visit his shop he has numerous guns in various stages of completion. 

Maintaining quality while increasing output is definitely difficult.  I guess I just thought I'd hear more buzz out, but there are plenty of high quality gunsmiths that have been pumping out guns but not creating much buzz IMO:  rafferty, EMG, etc.

I have been shooting an LSI open gun since last June. I love the gun and Glen was a straight up guy to deal with. I’ve thought about building a second open gun, and a limited build and he would be my first call for both. 

D6A12C68-7616-4879-BE15-675F1250C27F.jpeg