Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Delta point pro issues

Shrek1

I just got my repaired DPP back last night (AD). They replaced the circuit board with the original style. We’ll see how many rounds I’ll get out of it this go around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, RAP said:

I just got my repaired DPP back last night (AD). They replaced the circuit board with the original style. We’ll see how many rounds I’ll get out of it this go around.

Wonder if we started specifying to replace with the new style if they will ???? 

That’s a good question. I wish I would have thought of doing that. I believe at some point they will replace the older style CB with the new ones. Until then l will keep sending it in each time it goes down. At some point I think they will get tired of fixing it and upgrade.

• 1 month later...

Judging by the picture, the new circuit board (with "Leupold" written perpendicular to bore axis) has the center contact attached the same way. The only difference I can see is that it's rotated 45 degrees. If that's the case then how is it better than the old circuit board (with "Leoupold" written parallel to bore axis).

• 1 month later...

This is a helpful yet somewhat heartbreaking thread.  I just started experiencing the similar issues as you all have described. Mine is an "AE" model.  When I turn the dot on, it stays illuminated for four minutes and 50 seconds and then blinks 10 times, and shuts off. It will not  re-illuminate upon motion. It does this even if the slide is in motion, like it did in practice yesterday.   Can I expect the dot to consistently stay  illuminated for about five minutes? Or have you experienced the dot shutting off at random times?

• 10 months later...
On 9/15/2019 at 8:10 AM, Jetskidawg said:

This is a helpful yet somewhat heartbreaking thread.  I just started experiencing the similar issues as you all have described. Mine is an "AE" model.  When I turn the dot on, it stays illuminated for four minutes and 50 seconds and then blinks 10 times, and shuts off. It will not  re-illuminate upon motion. It does this even if the slide is in motion, like it did in practice yesterday.   Can I expect the dot to consistently stay  illuminated for about five minutes? Or have you experienced the dot shutting off at random times?

I should have updated on this topic.  The timing of this problem was right before hicap nationals last year, not good.  I have to say that when I explained the issue and the fact that I was leaving shortly for nationals, Leupold rushed me a new optic in time to get it mounted (and let the loctite cure), and get zero’d right before heading down to Utah to work the Open/PCC match and then compete in Carry Optics.  Leupold’s Customer service was off the charts fantastic.

• 5 weeks later...

Installed my DPP on my Legion X5 about a month ago.  500~ rounds thru it so far, no issues.  This is a range-only setup, so I manually turn it on/off with every use, so assume battery life will be good.
It actually took me a while to zero.  Windage wasn't too bad, but drop took forever.  Should have been more judicious with the adjustments but it's my first pistol optic zero experience, so good to go now.  Makes big holes.  Zeroed at 10.  Works like a dream.