Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When you finally admit/realize to yourself.....

That no matter what you do or try....you just aint gonna get faster.

Here are a few stages from this last weekends USPSA match in Medford, OR. Pretty much did something wrong on each stage and just can't shoot any faster.

Age and failing eyes are upon me.....sigh

But hey!!! I can still laugh at myself....and you can too!

PCC is a refuge for us old (70) ,overweight, failing eyesight, bad knee types...a 40 round, dot scoped, shoulder fired competition firearm...

in the Tampa Bay area we have two PCC divisions... the Mature PCC , and the GoFast PCC... L9x25 is in the latter

2 hours ago, MikieM said:

I didn't see you in the video, Big. Were you next in line after that old guy? :D

Why yes...yes...I was next.

1 hour ago, Les Snyder said:

PCC is a refuge for us old (70) ,overweight, failing eyesight, bad knee types...a 40 round, dot scoped, shoulder fired competition firearm...

in the Tampa Bay area we have two PCC divisions... the Mature PCC , and the GoFast PCC... L9x25 is in the latter

Hmmm....I think we need two PCC divisions here too. I will bring it up at the next club meeting! :D

3 hours ago, Les Snyder said:

Les, you are far too kind my friend.  I just really enjoy the change of pace, after building and shooting pistols for 25 years, this is a welcome change. 

New guns to learn and play with and I get to do something I never got tired of (shooting and tinkering) with a new twist.   This is still a young man's game 

(and I am FAR from young) but I will enjoy whatever brief moments of glory I can collect before all of the kids figure out how much fun this is and lock us

out of this too.

Shot that match and definitely some tough shooting positions. 

On stage 1 on saw a lot of people take off and run to the left when you could of fired at the targets right in front. Start by taking far target, back out on closer target, then it was easier transition to target in doorway. Then you could walk into the targets on left. Then much faster to run over to target arrays on right. Now I know there are a few Shooting pcc I’ll bring mine next time. 

As a full fledged member of the Mature PCC squad I am pleased that I can still sit up straight and eat solid foods (most of the time) I have watched Les and L9X25 do some cutting edge stuff so I consider them my test and eval team. My times are slow because I can't hear anymore thanks to having to chrono and RO L9X25 and that my story and I am sticking with it:lol:

• 1 month later...
On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 1:41 PM, HoMiE said:

Shot that match and definitely some tough shooting positions. 

On stage 1 on saw a lot of people take off and run to the left when you could of fired at the targets right in front. Start by taking far target, back out on closer target, then it was easier transition to target in doorway. Then you could walk into the targets on left. Then much faster to run over to target arrays on right. Now I know there are a few Shooting pcc I’ll bring mine next time. 

My problem is that I'm quite competent at analyzing a stage just like the excellent example above.  Then the timer goes off....