Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz model 75 pre b

AngeloConde

Hey guys I need some help as I am on the fence. I've got a glock 19 gen 4 with Trijicon suppressor sights, slide milled for RMR, zev disconnector,  Vickers slide and mag release, 4 mags and a bravo comp holster. Has stipple, undercut, finger grooves removed, and accelerator cuts. A guy wants to trade me a1983  pre b. That he said has trigger work done and that's all, finish is rough and 3 mags 1 which is a pro mag. I want honest opinions do you feel it's a fair Trade? (Don't want to hear people's opinions stating their dislikes about glocks) How hard is it to convert to SAO, seeing as how is want to use it in some club matches? What's the parts availability? So on and so on. 

Thanks for reading and your help guys and gals.

ANGELO

I bought a 1992 75 Pre B with the intention of using it in ESP class in IDPA matches.  My biggest obstacle was the safety.  The standard safety is hard to manipulate (IMO), because it is too thin for me.  I couldn't find an extended safety for it, because newer CZ's have a different design safety. 

Since you want to switch to SA too, you will probably want an extended safety as well.  If the safety has the detent inside the safety itself (nearly all Pre B's do), you probably won't be able to find anything to change it to.  

The Pre B's came with a magazine brake that prevented the magazine from dropping freely.  However, you can get a drop-free mag brake for it from CZ Custom.  If the mags are dropping freely now, the brake has already been changed (or possibly just removed).  

Many of the currently available magazines won't fit Pre B's, but since the one you are considering already has 4 mags, that might not be a concern.  

Also, a 1983 Pre B will have a front sight that is problematic to change.  If the front sight isn't held in place with a roll pin, it isn't easy to change.  So, if you want a fiber optic front sight, you will have a problem.  

Personally, I'd say if you like the way the Pre B is now, go for it.  They are very good solid steel-framed pistols, and have a pretty good DA/SA trigger.  If you want to make changes, you should probably pass.  The newer CZ's are easier to find accessories for.  

Edited by Ken6PPC
typo...

10 minutes ago, Ken6PPC said:

I bought a 1992 75 Pre B with the intention of using it in ESP class in IDPA matches.  My biggest obstacle was the safety.  The standard safety is hard to manipulate (IMO), because it is too thin for me.  I couldn't find an extended safety for it, because newer CZ's have a different design safety. 

Since you want to switch to SA too, you will probably want an extended safety as well.  If the safety has the detent inside the safety itself (nearly all Pre B's do), you probably won't be able to find anything to change it to.  

The Pre B's came with a magazine brake that prevented the magazine from dropping freely.  However, you can get a drop-free mag brake for it from CZ Custom.  If the mags are dropping freely now, the brake has already been changed (or possibly just removed).  

Many of the currently available magazines won't fit Pre B's, but since the one you are considering already has 4 mags, that might not be a concern.  

Also, a 1983 Pre B will have a front sight that is problematic to change.  If the front sight isn't held in place with a roll pin, it isn't easy to change.  So, if you want a fiber optic front sight, you will have a problem.  

Personally, I'd say if you like the way the Pre B is now, go for it.  They are very good solid steel-framed pistols, and have a pretty good DA/SA trigger.  If you want to make changes, you should probably pass.  The newer CZ's are easier to find accessories for.  

Exactly what I was looking for in help I appreciate the time you took to write this and the pre b only comes with 3 mags 1 is a pro mag that he says has been giving him problems. I tho k I'll just hold the glock until I can find a trade for a newer 75

6 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

dollar for dollar i'd say it is an uneven trade, not to your favor.

Although it is hard to put a value on other people's guns, Rowdy is probably right.  

Sell your Glock outright, and then buy what you want!   

If the CZ was already set up exactly like you want, I'd say go for it, but as it is, I'd pass. The internal upgrades are not cheap, but I don't see that they add $ value to the deal.

Your Glock is set up in a desirable way for a certain crowd and I think you'll be able to move it fairly easily.