Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Single Stack Rig Set Up

americanbrosinarms

So I am making the switch from Production to Single Stack. I currently run 5 10rd mags plus a loader on my belt for production giving me 61 rounds. Not that I have ever needed that many but it frees up my reloads a bit to let me pick and choose or miss one.

Problem I am having shooting SS major is I want to run 6 plus a loader mag, but don't know what style of mag carrier will allow me to fit 6 on my belt, I am currently using Ghost 360 with a single Stack adapter rounds pointing out and barely get 6 on.

Am I crazy for running 6 plus a loader?

Are the Ghost 360 mag carriers the smallest foot print they seem to be from the options I have to handle in my area.

DAA single stack racer pouch, can be turned and used bullets out. Makes them the width of the mag plus thickness of pouch wall. 0.85in, belt mount is 0.97 wide or if you mount them standard way they are 2.09 in wide. I run 5 with plenty of space between. (a finger or so)

870.jpg

Edited by terrydoc

If you decide on the double alpha pouches go to their website and look there. When I bought mine for single stack they had a 5 pack that was a slight discount. Any bit helps! Also I had to find a video of Saul kirsch setting up for bullets out but if you've done it before then you're good there too. 

9 hours ago, GrayR said:

If you decide on the double alpha pouches go to their website and look there. When I bought mine for single stack they had a 5 pack that was a slight discount. Any bit helps! Also I had to find a video of Saul kirsch setting up for bullets out but if you've done it before then you're good there too. 

Thanks for the heads up I would like to see some before I buy them going to hit up some single stack shooters at the next few matches lol

I completely understand! I like mine fine the mounting system is great with the inner and outer belts but it turns out I don't like the bullets out configuration so I could have gone with the blade techs and been fine. No one said this was cheap!

I tried a bunch of mag pouches for SS and finally landed on the DAA Racers like others have mentioned.  What I like about the DAA’s (other than can position bullet forward or out) is the tensioning is from the rear of the mag instead of from the sides like most conventional pouches are.  Advantage I found with the tension being from the rear (as with other brands such as Ghost) is less chance of the mag binding when pulling it out.  I found with a couple other pouch brands the mag would bind if not drawn at the right angle.  

16 minutes ago, 2MoreChains said:

I tried a bunch of mag pouches for SS and finally landed on the DAA Racers like others have mentioned.  What I like about the DAA’s (other than can position bullet forward or out) is the tensioning is from the rear of the mag instead of from the sides like most conventional pouches are.  Advantage I found with the tension being from the rear (as with other brands such as Ghost) is less chance of the mag binding when pulling it out.  I found with a couple other pouch brands the mag would bind if not drawn at the right angle.  

You guys must work for DAA lol, only down side I have seen just from the pictures is the lack of index point on the DAA, have you found this to be an issue? I have only used the blade tech in production with the front cut for a index point.

On 11/12/2017 at 1:45 AM, terrydoc said:

DAA single stack racer pouch, can be turned and used bullets out. Makes them the width of the mag plus thickness of pouch wall. 0.85in, belt mount is 0.97 wide or if you mount them standard way they are 2.09 in wide. I run 5 with plenty of space between. (a finger or so)

870.jpg

Thank you for the dimensions that is exactly what I was looking for!

I use DAA racer pouches with the bullets facing out. I have 6 of them on my belt with major power factor. When I started shooting and missed a lot on small steel targets I had 8 of the DAA pouches on my belt.lol They dont take up much room with bullets facing out.

20170726_194423-768x1024.jpg

I use DAA racer pouches with the bullets facing out. I have 6 of them on my belt with major power factor. When I started shooting and missed a lot on small steel targets I had 8 of the DAA pouches on my belt.lol They dont take up much room with bullets facing out.
20170726_194423-768x1024.thumb.jpg.13d737a5c5f34d84e5bae15d08cb38a4.jpg
I went with the DAA Racer pouches but cut the front open to give me the index point I am used to with my production set up.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...