Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tax stamps

Biggest factor now is whether you filed as a Trust or an Individual. Individual Form 1s are coming through from May 2017. Trusts are running 10-14 months.  NFA Tracker has pretty good data.  Calling the NFA branch will tell you a lot but not everything.

Doug

The new rules, 41f.  Trusts were the hot ticket in the past but now they are receiving more scrutiny.  Trusts often have multiple people on them and they all have to be vetted.  I'd be willing to bet that they are running different examiners on Trusts and Individuals.

Doug

It took 10 months almost exactly for my Form 1 to be processed last year (e-file trust, pre 41F).  This year, I had 2 Form 4s processed in about 8 months as an individual via the Silencer Shop kiosk and I have another Form 4 pending for a SBR also via the Silencer Shop kiosk.

As stated above, if you have a trust, everyone on the trust now has to be fingerprinted and background checked, whereas pre-41F they weren't.  That's why trusts take a few months longer than an individual filing.

Unfortunately that's not an excuse in my case as there is no one but me on my trust.  The only reason I did a trust was that in the case I predeceased my wife she would have the SBR and suppressor legality and could then decide to sell or keep them.  Probably should have forgone the trust and just left instructions will my estate attorney to abandoned them if I passed away first.  At this rate I may be dead before I get to shoot them ...